Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-26: Brewers (Miley) at Giants (Rodriguez) 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good thing we got that homer from Shaw. Knebel can't pitch more than one inning!

Just not at all true other than the last two outings. Before that he gave up runs 1 out of 12 multiple inning appearances spanning last year and this. That one was a 2 inning outing right at the end of the year last year.

[quote name="wildcat83"

Why?

Because Knebel pitched more than one inning' date=' and they were all high stress pitches. And Soria is a closer.[/quote]

None of this inning was high stress till now. He had 4 runs to work with. He's already pitched 3 straight days this year, unless he goes 30+ pitches he will be the "closer" tomorrow.

I guess I consider when a pitcher is pitching crappy, even if he has a lead, that those are high stress to him as he is trying to do more than what he is able to at the time. It wasn't free and easy, he was fighting himself even early in the ninth.

[quote name="wildcat83"

Why?

Because Knebel pitched more than one inning' date=' and they were all high stress pitches. And Soria is a closer.[/quote]

None of this inning was high stress till now. He had 4 runs to work with. He's already pitched 3 straight days this year, unless he goes 30+ pitches he will be the "closer" tomorrow.

I guess I consider when a pitcher is pitching crappy, even if he has a lead, that those are high stress to him as he is trying to do more than what he is able to at the time. It wasn't free and easy, he was fighting himself even early in the ninth.

I guess, but stress is kind of being a closer. Just have a feeling if it's a save situation CC will trot him out there tomorrow

This team doesn't go anywhere if Knebel doesn't figure it out. Gotta roll with him. Pen is good without him ... can be great with him pitching good.

They were great the month he was out, and that was before Soria was here.

Obviously it's better if he gets it going, but Corey Knebel isn't going to be the thing that prevents us from going somewhere. Unless they continue to try to force him into a conventional closer role, perhaps.

Archived