Brewer Fanatic

Padres Trade

Tyson Ross, AJ Ellis and Kirby Yates to Milwaukee

Luis Ortiz, Jacob Nottingham, Domingo Santana and Kodi Mederios to San Diego

The Padres get younger, save money and get a ton of value. The Brewers strengthen three of their weaknesses. Yates, Jeffress, Knebel, Jennings, Hader. That has the makings for a nasty bullpen! Santana and Nottingham would each make the Padres 25 man immediately.

So stick with Petalta's short starts, Barnes getting big innings and Kratz and Pina's anemic offense? With the looming 2019 40 man roster crunch, prospects beyond the top five should all be sweeteners in deals.

Santana and Broxton are on the 40 man as well. I'd much rather trade one of them and a 20 ish range prospect on the 40 man. I just don't think we need to trade anyone in the top 10 unless its for controllable talent. I understand that Santana and Broxton don't move the needle much, but I've seen people dropping Ortiz and Lutz's name for players who would not be clear upgrades. I think we could do better with the talent we are suggesting moving.

Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Peralta bad first innings has done him in but the rookie has pitched well.

Well, he's got a couple bad middle innings going now, too.

All the griping about Suter's starts this season, and Peralta has been hyped as a savior. Peralta just isn't ready.

I agree i been a big guy on Suter short stints and your correct Peralta seems to struggle in the first but still like to see him in that 5th spot , but it could also be moot if they want to control his innings.

but like to see Woodruff get some rotation time. but again today the brewers hitter made a bad pitcher like a stud

Archived