Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-25: Nationals (Roark) at Brewers (Peralta) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe we should have Lopez start. 12 pitches, 6 outs. He could pitch a complete game in 54 pitches at that rate...

You'd have to pull him in the 5th with 40 pitches because he'd have gotten his 15 outs already

Brewers pitching is not, and has not been all year, the problem. It's the offense. Peralta's throwing a stinker today. Stinkers are going to happen. But when your offense puts up a stinker just about every game, that is the problem that needs to be addressed.

The Brewers have scored 21 runs in 5 games since the break, not counting today. I'm not sure how much scoring you are expecting/hoping for. Sure it would be nice if we scored 8 runs per game, but how many teams are doing that?

League average is 4.44 runs per game. Brewers score 4.34 per game. That's below average. Brewers allow 3.89 per game. 4th best in the league. The offense is clearly the problem.

Brewers pitching is not, and has not been all year, the problem. It's the offense. Peralta's throwing a stinker today. Stinkers are going to happen. But when your offense puts up a stinker just about every game, that is the problem that needs to be addressed.

The Brewers have scored 21 runs in 5 games since the break, not counting today. I'm not sure how much scoring you are expecting/hoping for. Sure it would be nice if we scored 8 runs per game, but how many teams are doing that?

League average is 4.44 runs per game. Brewers score 4.34 per game. That's below average. Brewers allow 3.89 per game. 4th best in the league. The offense is clearly the problem.

The starting pitching especially is playing above their true talent, but yes the offense could use some help. To say they put up a stinker just about every game is a bit dramatic though.

@skysox

El Paso's shutout bid ends thanks to Orlando Arcia's RBI double to straightaway CF to mark the Sky Sox third hit on the day.

Sky Sox still trail 4-1 in Bot 6.

3:21 PM - 25 Jul 2018

@skysox

El Paso's shutout bid ends thanks to Orlando Arcia's RBI double to straightaway CF to mark the Sky Sox third hit on the day.

Sky Sox still trail 4-1 in Bot 6.

3:21 PM - 25 Jul 2018

Schedule a layover on the way out west to pick him up. It's time.

The starting pitching especially is playing above their true talent, but yes the offense could use some help. To say they put up a stinker just about every game is a bit dramatic though.

I don't think any of the SP are playing above their talent, they're just being used a way that gets the best results. This offense (outside of Yelich and Cain) is doing pretty much what it did last year outside of the first month and a half of 2017.

I honestly feel the biggest position of need on this team is C. Pina is just useless at the plate and Kratz is no better. I still have hope for Nottingham, but he's just not ready this year.

The middle infield is not good either, but at least there's hope with Arcia possibly coming back up and between all of Saladino, Miller, Villar, Perez; they should at least be able to get some decent production once in a while.

I would still love to see a move for Dozier, but I just think Catcher is in even worse shape and should be the priority, but it is not mentioned as much around here.

I honestly feel the biggest position of need on this team is C. Pina is just useless at the plate and Kratz is no better. I still have hope for Nottingham, but he's just not ready this year.

The middle infield is not good either, but at least there's hope with Arcia possibly coming back up and between all of Saladino, Miller, Villar, Perez; they should at least be able to get some decent production once in a while.

I would still love to see a move for Dozier, but I just think Catcher is in even worse shape and should be the priority, but it is not mentioned as much around here.

It is the biggest issue and has been for some time now.

That's why I would trade for Realmuto even though it would involve Keston. He's one of the best players in the game at the toughest position to find talent, and he's under control for a couple more years.

Archived