Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-25: Nationals (Roark) at Brewers (Peralta) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't think we should consider sending Freddy to AAA. He gave up a HR to Bryce Harper, better pitchers can say the same thing.

I think we need to try for offense with Peralta due up 3rd, and today becomes a Jorge Lopez day if we can't claw out a few runs in the next couple innings.

His location has been all over the place. He's wild, and when he hits the plate, it's straight and right down the middle. With his stuff, he's not going to be able to get away with that.

I like Freddy, and I think he has a bright future. He needs seasoning, though.

Wow, the Brewers offense is just horrid. Making Roark look like Cy Young today.

Didn't have a good feeling having "effectively wild" Peralta pitching after not pitching for 2 weeks. You could even see that rust with Junior early yesterday.

Peralta made a start in Appleton over the All-Star break. He doesn't have much of an excuse for his performance today, other than he's extremely young and probably not ready for this stage quite yet.

I don't think we should consider sending Freddy to AAA. He gave up a HR to Bryce Harper, better pitchers can say the same thing.

I think we need to try for offense with Peralta due up 3rd, and today becomes a Jorge Lopez day if we can't claw out a few runs in the next couple innings.

His location has been all over the place. He's wild, and when he hits the plate, it's straight and right down the middle. With his stuff, he's not going to be able to get away with that.

I like Freddy, and I think he has a bright future. He needs seasoning, though.

Wow, the Brewers offense is just horrid. Making Roark look like Cy Young today.

I think Peralta really needs a change up. With his kind of violent delivery it should be really deceptive. Reminds me a lot of K-Rod in his older years with his delivery. put an 82ish change up with the his 92 FB with that delivery and that could be what he needs to get to the next step. of course along with control

Brewers pitching is not, and has not been all year, the problem. It's the offense. Peralta's throwing a stinker today. Stinkers are going to happen. But when your offense puts up a stinker just about every game, that is the problem that needs to be addressed.

The Brewers have scored 21 runs in 5 games since the break, not counting today. I'm not sure how much scoring you are expecting/hoping for. Sure it would be nice if we scored 8 runs per game, but how many teams are doing that?

Didn't have a good feeling having "effectively wild" Peralta pitching after not pitching for 2 weeks. You could even see that rust with Junior early yesterday.

Peralta made a start in Appleton over the All-Star break. He doesn't have much of an excuse for his performance today, other than he's extremely young and probably not ready for this stage quite yet.

Or, every pitcher has the potential to stink it up in any given game.

Peralta has one bad start and we’re on him... the offense has what, 180 out of the last 200 games of being pathetic? Get these bums out of here. Peralta needs to build on bad games, not go back down. Who are we gonna get, the two or three bad starters on the market?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Thames with 3 Ks from the lead-off spot today. He's been ice cold since coming off the DL.

Please someone explain to me how it continues to be a good idea to lead him off?

People will give you some BS about on base percentage but don't listen to them.

Can we please pull the plug on Thames at leadoff? Why would we have Thames, Cain, Yelich as our top three when we could have Cain, Yelich, Aguilar?

Both Aguilar and Thames have struggled since the break. Thames needs to improve his approach, Aguilar needs to start hitting the pitches he was pounding with ease 3 weeks ago.

Peralta has one bad start and we’re on him... the offense has what, 180 out of the last 200 games of being pathetic? Get these bums out of here. Peralta needs to build on bad games, not go back down. Who are we gonna get, the two or three bad starters on the market?

The one bad start is a misnomer. He's had 4 good, if not great starts, and 3 not so good starts, not counting today.

Can we please pull the plug on Thames at leadoff? Why would we have Thames, Cain, Yelich as our top three when we could have Cain, Yelich, Aguilar?

Both Aguilar and Thames have struggled since the break. Thames needs to improve his approach, Aguilar needs to start hitting the pitches he was pounding with ease 3 weeks ago.

Yeah when do we play the Reds?

Just got here from work but looking at the box score so far, it's probably a pretty good idea to hold off on naming our 2019 starting rotation until we see more consistentcy over the course of the season from the likes of Peralta, among others. Every time a pitcher has a couple great games we all start to get excited about him. Then he'll have a couple stinkers and we're calling for him to be sent down to the minors, traded or DFAed. This fickleness was said about Peralta, Suter, Guerra, Anderson, Woodruff and even Nelson at one time or another, and I'm sure there are more. Let them prove themselves over the long haul first instead of getting reactionary.

Archived