Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-25: Nationals (Roark) at Brewers (Peralta) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

Eye Black
Brewers have given up 23 runs in their last 24 first innings. Interestingly, they’ve given up one first-inning run only twice during that stretch. They’ve given up a crooked number 9 times over those 24 games.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don’t get Thames leading off right now.

Seriously. I like Counsell and I think people nitpick his moves too much, but this one I don't get. Cain is one of the most perfect lead-off hitters in my lifetime. Great speed and obp (and I don't use the term "great" likely), but no slugging to drive guys in. Cain, Yelich, Aguilar, Shaw, Thames is great. If you're obsessed with alternative LHB's and RHB's, which is helpful but not absolutely necessary, you can go with Yelich, Cain, Shaw, Aguilar, Thames.

But as slow as Thames is and with his ability to drive in a few runs with one swing, I just don't get leading him off at all.

Verified Member
Peralta has settled down now it's time for the hitters to hit. Thames leading off makes no sense to me. Yellich "Mr. Consistency"with another hit. Let's go guys.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hard to blame Peralta for the offense not being able to get anything going against a crap pitcher, though. Something has got to be shaken up. Trade ... benching ... something. I expected Saladino to level out as a bad hitter, but Brad Miller has been disappointing. He's been pretty horrible.

I don't think we should consider sending Freddy to AAA. He gave up a HR to Bryce Harper, better pitchers can say the same thing.

I think we need to try for offense with Peralta due up 3rd, and today becomes a Jorge Lopez day if we can't claw out a few runs in the next couple innings.

Archived