Brewer Fanatic

Position players pitching becoming more common

PinaMadness

Noticed it too and it's about time. If you're down by 6 or more after the 7th inning, your chance of winning is probably about .1%. If that. With BP pitchers so important now it's a waste of resources to throw one of them out there in a game where you have no chance of winning.

I don't think we're that far away from teams starting to have a 25th man who is equal pitcher and hitter. Not great at either, but good enough to be used frequently in both roles. Really surprised Nick Ramirez hasn't been brought up for that role yet since he's probably as good a hitter as some of the 25th man crap we've ran out there recently.

If this is going to be a new trend, shouldn't they give a serious look at a concede option for managers? If the game is so out of reach that they're bringing in a position player, should they even play until the 27th out?

When it was once or twice a season, the game became a spectacle, and you had to watch. But if it happens a couple of times a month, the novelty is off, the game is over, the at bats aren't competitive. What are we really watching?

Noticed it too and it's about time. If you're down by 6 or more after the 7th inning, your chance of winning is probably about .1%. If that. With BP pitchers so important now it's a waste of resources to throw one of them out there in a game where you have no chance of winning.

I don't think we're that far away from teams starting to have a 25th man who is equal pitcher and hitter. Not great at either, but good enough to be used frequently in both roles. Really surprised Nick Ramirez hasn't been brought up for that role yet since he's probably as good a hitter as some of the 25th man crap we've ran out there recently.

With Suter inevitably headed for the 60 day I would absolutely give his spot to Ramirez. Part LOOGY, part mop up guy, part bench bat. Tell me we couldn't use that on our team.

Archived