Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-24: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4 in 10 innings -- Saladino Sacrifice Fly Walk-Off]

Eye Black
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arcia' numbers are encouraging but keep in mind

Jett Bandy collects his fourth hit of the night - a double to CF. Bandy is 4-for-4 with two home runs and is a triple shy of the cycle through seven innings. @MiLB

Brewers catchers hit cycles... it’s a thing, lol.

I read he had three hits tonight and first thought was hope it’s on the road!

They need to take Knebel out of the 9th inning role. I would much rather see JJ there.

Geez people ... he looks fine to me. Throwing it up there at 99, and the curve is humming.

He couldn't throw a strike during the Adams at bat, but Adams bailed him out by chasing fastballs at his shoelaces

They need to take Knebel out of the 9th inning role. I would much rather see JJ there.

Geez people ... he looks fine to me. Throwing it up there at 99, and the curve is humming.

Doesn't matter if you are throwing 99 if you cant locate

I think I'm in love with Burnes.......

Smithers?

Well played. http://williamgregory.net/images/laughing.gif

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

If Counsell was going by the book Knebel wouldn’t have been in until a lead....but carry on.

This is definition of by the book...no way he gets a save so they pitch the ninth. It’s a thing every brewers manager has done for the last 10 years.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Doesn't matter if you are throwing 99 if you cant locate

Threw a few great curves that inning as well. Hope its a good step for him. When he's right, he's dominant.

If Counsell was going by the book Knebel wouldn’t have been in until a lead....but carry on.

Actual I assume more managers than not employ their closer when tied at home in the ninth. Hence the following the manual comment.

Corey is lucky that 0-2 fastball right down the middle to Eaton didn't wind up in the right field beerpen. He was meh. Adams did him some favors. Sometimes you get away with it.

Throwing 99 makes it tougher to punish mistakes. Have to make up your mind to swing earlier...Knebel will always get away with more mistakes than Suter or Davies or Albers.

really nice inning for Knebel there. He needed it too. They need to get him right again.

He had good velocity and movement but the hit was a bad hanger, and he missed the glove by 2 feet or more a couple times to Adams. He’s a power pitcher not a control guy though, so results matter more I guess.

For the love of god Burnes needs to pitch the next inning regardless of score.

Nope, the 9th is "Corey's inning."

Sad that Counsel can be a “manual manager”. Open up the book and see what I’m supposed to do here.

The book says you don't use your closer at home in the 9th inning of a tie game, so no you are completely wrong here. You are so intent on placing blame for everything that you don't bother to actually think about what you are posting and it is obnoxious as heck.

Corey is lucky that 0-2 fastball right down the middle to Eaton didn't wind up in the right field beerpen. He was meh. Adams did him some favors. Sometimes you get away with it.

Yep. His curveball was pretty good tonight but fastball was all over the place.

Man, Pina is just a bad hitter..

Throwing 99 makes it tougher to punish mistakes. Have to make up your mind to swing earlier...Knebel will always get away with more mistakes than Suter or Davies or Albers.

Right, absolutely. But if Eaton happens to be sitting dead red fastball, 99 can go a long ways.

Pitchers get away with it all day long. When you throw 98+ you can really get away with it.

Archived