Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-24: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4 in 10 innings -- Saladino Sacrifice Fly Walk-Off]

Eye Black
Off-Topic I guess, but what is the rule on being in the dugout? I assume Suter was moved to the 60-day DL, but I see him in the dugout with the team. What's the point of this?

Probably in the process of scheduling the surgery. Those things aren't exactly done by your average physician. Likely going to be a few days, if not a week or two before surgery, perhaps getting second opinion.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the starting rotation even though I don't know if Nelson is going to be a regular ( heard there are some setbacks) Peralta is nothing different than what we are watching tonight. The pen will be fine if it is used correctly. I just think there are way too holes in the offense

Jimmy's had some setbacks, but he doesn't seem too discouraged. I've been following him closely on Twitter. There's a chance he could make it back late this year, but he needs to be shut down until spring training, if he's ready.

The offensive rebuild began with bringing in Cain and Yelich. I think that's a great start. Hiura has an advanced bat. I don't know how much power he'll have, but a solid .300 + hitter with a strong OBP fits in nicely atop the order. He's got to prove himself at the Major League level, but a 70 hit tool from a middle infielder has me giddy, and being parked next to Arcia will help somewhat minimize any slight defensive deficiencies. That could be our double play combo for the next decade.

The offense does have holes, and way, way too much swing-and-miss. This will be a pivotal offseason, for sure.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

No hero ball, a walk is fine here

According to Gameday, he's been thrown seven balls. Like Thames, probably pressing and trying to do too much.

Kintzler had a power sinker going down and in to Aguilar all at bat. Looks like a strike to begin, but ends up out of the zone. Nationals broadcasters were talking about it: not much a batter can even do with that pitch even if he makes contact.

Aguilar is a good dude and great teammate and is absolutely trying to do too much to help an offense that has been struggling for a few weeks now. Wish Shaw could get hot to keep the pressure off of Aguilar to be the only power hitter in the middle of the lineup.

The offensive rebuild began with bringing in Cain and Yelich. I think that's a great start. Hiura has an advanced bat. I don't know how much power he'll have, but a solid .300 + hitter with a strong OBP fits in nicely atop the order. He's got to prove himself at the Major League level, but a 70 hit tool from a middle infielder has me giddy, and being parked next to Arcia will help somewhat minimize any slight defensive deficiencies. That could be our double play combo for the next decade.

The offense does have holes, and way, way too much swing-and-miss. This will be a pivotal offseason, for sure.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Arcia with 3 more hits tonight, up to a .350 average in AAA. Can't see how a post-deadline roster shakeup doesn't involve him back up by the next home stand, if they don't just pull the trigger and bring him back for the road trip.

I agree wholeheartedly!

No hero ball, a walk is fine here

According to Gameday, he's been thrown seven balls. Like Thames, probably pressing and trying to do too much.

Kintzler had a power sinker going down and in to Aguilar all at bat. Looks like a strike to begin, but ends up out of the zone. Nationals broadcasters were talking about it:not icy a batter can even do with that pitch even if he makes contact.

Yea. but after about 17 of them he should have it figured out and take the walk.

Archived