Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-24: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4 in 10 innings -- Saladino Sacrifice Fly Walk-Off]

Eye Black
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious. With everyone talking about having to give up a ton of prospects to get help now, what changes in the off season to bring in help?

I don't want to empty the cupboards just for the sake of making a move. I wanted Realmuto, but it seems the consensus is we'd have to give up too much. They're right. Stearns is looking to build a champion, and he can't worry about appeasing a restless fan base. He has to keep to the plan.

Think about what we'll have next year:

1B Aguilar/Thames

2B Hiura

SS Arcia (I'm confident he will turn it around)

3B Shaw

LF Yelich

CF Cain

RF Santana (?)

C ?

Bench

Braun

Perez

Broxton

Phillips

Gone (I hope): Sogard, Orf, Kratz, Saldano, Bandy

Rotation pool

Nelson

Guerra

Burnes

Peralta

Chacin

Anderson

Davies

Bullpen

Hader

Jeffries

Williams

Knebel

Lopez

I'm hoping that Burnes gets a legit shot at the starting rotation next year.

The way I see it with a quick look over, catcher needs to be addressed. Immediately. I just don't know if Nottingham has the hit tool to play the position full time. A lot of holes in his swing. The middle of the infield will be infinitely better if Arcia can get back on track. And Santana needs to get it together, because I sure as hell don't want to see Eric Thames in the outfield ever again.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Thames’ timing seems off tonight.

He really does, and Braun is a better defender. It doesn't seem to be something Thames is going to all of a sudden fix tonight. Leaving Braun in seems obvious.

For now, let's hope the good part of our lineup can get Braun home.

Thames’ timing seems off tonight.

He really does, and Braun is a better defender. It doesn't seem to be something Thames is going to all of a sudden fix tonight. Leaving Braun in seems obvious.

For now, let's hope the good part of our lineup can get Braun home.

Did the Brewers' broadcast pick up Thames' reaction after his RBI grounder? Dude was smashing his helmet and dropping F bombs in the dugout. Gotta think he's up there "on tilt" so to speak. Needs to calm down.

Off-Topic I guess, but what is the rule on being in the dugout? I assume Suter was moved to the 60-day DL, but I see him in the dugout with the team. What's the point of this?

To support his teammates ........

He is only on the 10 day DL as of now.....I'm sure he will be moved to the 60 day when needed.

Off-Topic I guess, but what is the rule on being in the dugout? I assume Suter was moved to the 60-day DL, but I see him in the dugout with the team. What's the point of this?

He's still a member of the team. And I think it's awesome hes in the dugout supporting his team. Hes not the only one, Voght is almost always there too.

I don't want to empty the cupboards just for the sake of making a move. I wanted Realmuto, but it seems the consensus is we'd have to give up too much. They're right. Stearns is looking to build a champion, and he can't worry about appeasing a restless fan base. He has to keep to the plan.

Think about what we'll have next year:

1B Aguilar/Thames

2B Hiura

SS Arcia (I'm confident he will turn it around)

3B Shaw

LF Yelich

CF Cain

RF Santana (?)

C ?

Bench

Braun

Perez

Broxton

Phillips

Gone (I hope): Sogard, Orf, Kratz, Saldano, Bandy

Rotation pool

Nelson

Guerra

Burnes

Peralta

Chacin

Anderson

Davies

Bullpen

Hader

Jeffries

Williams

Knebel

Lopez

I'm hoping that Burnes gets a legit shot at the starting rotation next year.

The way I see it with a quick look over, catcher needs to be addressed. Immediately. I just don't know if Nottingham has the hit tool to play the position full time. A lot of holes in his swing. The middle of the infield will be infinitely better if Arcia can get back on track. And Santana needs to get it together, because I sure as hell don't want to see Eric Thames in the outfield ever again.

I like the starting rotation even though I don't know if Nelson is going to be a regular ( heard there are some setbacks) Peralta is nothing different than what we are watching tonight. The pen will be fine if it is used correctly. I just think there are way too holes in the offense

He's still a member of the team. And I think it's awesome hes in the dugout supporting his team. Hes not the only one, Voght is almost always there too.

Unless you're suspended, I don't think there's any rules about who can be in the dugout. I know you're only allowed so many uniformed coaches, though. Which is pointless because all these extra coaches are a few feet away in the clubhouse.

Archived