Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-24: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4 in 10 innings -- Saladino Sacrifice Fly Walk-Off]

Eye Black
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do any of you know where I could find historical split info on team seasons filtered for the lowest AVG with the bases loaded? Baseball Reference is my usual go to, but unless I'm missing something, I don't see an option for bases loaded performance.

We're hitting .187 total with the bases loaded.

Hitting .222 with the bases loaded and zero outs.

Hitting .143 with the bases loaded and one out.

Hitting .200 with the bases loaded and two outs.

That's depressing, especially with one out. That's slightly better than one hit every at bats.

As mentioned, our OPS is putrid. I'd love to see which teams have been worse.

Just for comparison, some top Brewer offenses of the past:

The 1979 Brewers (95-66) hit a whopping .333 with the bases loaded (35-105, 109 R, 2 HR, .872 OPS)

The 1982 Brewers (95-67) hit .274 (29-106, 100 R, 2 HR, .733 OPS)

The 2011 Brewers (96-66) hit .261 (31-119, 83 R, 1 HR, .605 OPS)

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Yankees pulling trigger tonight meanwhile crew continues to just bleed out. There is a difference between hoping to win and making it happen. The combination of bad play on the field and a paralyzed front office is tough to take

"Paralyzed" front office? What does that even mean? We didn't trade for Britton, therefore our FO is "Paralyzed"? I don't find it tough to take at all that we aren't giving up top 10 prospects for rentals.

Totally agree with this.

Dbacks and Mariners worse than the Brewers this season. Some of those bad Braves and horrible Astros teams a few years ago, and oddly the Dodgers around 2013-2014 ish OPS in the low-mid 0.400's as a club.

Some of that depends alot on who's hitting in those scenarios, particularly in the NL where I'd guess pitchers are up quite a bit with bases loaded following IBBs and such.

Yelich has had some pretty good seasons before this one. I'm surprised he'd never been an All Star until 2018.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Yelich has had some pretty good seasons before this one. I'm surprised he'd never been an All Star until 2018.

Well there were a couple fans here who didn't think he deserved it this year.

Just curious. With everyone talking about having to give up a ton of prospects to get help now, what changes in the off season to bring in help?

More options. Some of our own prospects can be ready to take over spots. You can just sign a FA.

Well there were a couple fans here who didn't think he deserved it this year.

Lol, yea, he’s nothing special, no where near elite. That conversation baffled me. Imagine his number now if he didn’t miss time.

The ONLY non elite part of his game is throwing arm.

There are 11 clubs with a bases loaded team OPS north of 0.800 in MLB this season, 4 of which are over 0.900 and 2 of them are over 1.000.

18 teams are at least north of 0.700 OPS as a club, meaning the Brewers are terrible in this scenario compared to most of the league.

You can use the handy tOPS+ for each split to see that even though we are 14/15 in bases loaded OPS, there is a wide spread in the stat and we are way off the average.

Our OPS+ with the bases loaded relative to our normal OPS+ is 51. That is bad

Guerra did a nice job getting some innings for us after his brutal start

The thing is he wasn't even really that bad. Really shot himself in the foot with a couple walks and an error.

Hope we can pull this out because it would definitely fall into the category of a game we probably should have won.

Do any of you know where I could find historical split info on team seasons filtered for the lowest AVG with the bases loaded? Baseball Reference is my usual go to, but unless I'm missing something, I don't see an option for bases loaded performance.

Do you have a play index subscription?

Don't understand why Arcia isn't back up. Even if he still doesn't hit, it's not like anyone is really getting it done in his absence, so at least get the good D. Best case he brings the bat he's been swinging lately too. He's been down long enough.

Archived