Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-24: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4 in 10 innings -- Saladino Sacrifice Fly Walk-Off]

Eye Black
Haven't dug much to confirm, but this team has to be historically bad offensively with the bases loaded.

.547 OPS with bases loaded, only 14/15 this year in the NL, can't be historically bad. AZ only has a .519 OPS

You're right, not historically bad - but bad and a huge reason why the offense struggles. 0.547 OPS basically means the whole team turns into 2018 Arcia at the plate when the bases are juiced.

Yelich and Phillips both have bases-loaded triples in the last 10 days. And I doubt very many teams have good stats with the bases loaded. You often end up facing a really good reliever in that situation, and even if you're not, your best hitters are often the ones on base which means you might be slightly more likely to be at the bottom of the order by the time you get them loaded.

That inning sucked though, no doubt.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yankees pulling trigger tonight meanwhile crew continues to just bleed out. There is a difference between hoping to win and making it happen. The combination of bad play on the field and a paralyzed front office is tough to take

Brad Miller does not seem like the answer at 2nd...

I stille just have a feeling this is a game the Crew ends up winning. Don't k ow why. Will probably be wrong. Hamging with it anyway.

He's not. Even if we don't get Dozier, I'll be extremely critical of Stearns if he doesn't bring in someone. There are 4 or 5 options out there that are much better than Miller and shouldn't be all that expensive.

There are 11 clubs with a bases loaded team OPS north of 0.800 in MLB this season, 4 of which are over 0.900 and 2 of them are over 1.000.

18 teams are at least north of 0.700 OPS as a club, meaning the Brewers are terrible in this scenario compared to most of the league.

Yankees pulling trigger tonight meanwhile crew continues to just bleed out. There is a difference between hoping to win and making it happen. The combination of bad play on the field and a paralyzed front office is tough to take

"Paralyzed" front office? What does that even mean? We didn't trade for Britton, therefore our FO is "Paralyzed"? I don't find it tough to take at all that we aren't giving up top 10 prospects for rentals.

"Paralyzed" front office? What does that even mean? We didn't trade for Britton, therefore our FO is "Paralyzed"? I don't find it tough to take at all that we aren't giving up top 10 prospects for rentals.

Archived