Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-24: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4 in 10 innings -- Saladino Sacrifice Fly Walk-Off]

Eye Black
  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Random question. Does a hit by pitch count toward obp the same as a walk? I should know this

Absolutely. OBP considers hits, walks, HBP and sac flies in its equation.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Random question. Does a hit by pitch count toward obp the same as a walk? I should know this

Yes

somewhat lesser known fact, a sac fly does not count against your average but does count against your OBP. It is why Ryan Braun had a lower postseason OBP than BA in 2008.

Evening, gentlemen.

What the hell is going on with Pittsburgh? After they took five from us, they swept a three game series from Cincy. Ok, no biggy there. But they're destroying the Tribe tonight. Indians are a good team.

I can't say Gregory Polanco has suddenly turned into Babe Ruth with his power display (because Matt Carpenter has already secured that. God, I hate acknowledging a Cardinal player being on fire. Makes me feel like taking a shower). But Polanco is crushing the ball of late. Staring Marte, too. Both have homered again tonight, and the two have combined for 11 home runs and 27 RBI in the last eleven games.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

That feeling when you have your two ‘run producers’ up back to back with the bases loaded and you get two weak outs to the right side and get no runs.

Deflating.

Deflating not to score, but Shaw’s bouncer to first wasn’t a weak out. Nearly a snowcone by Zimmerman to snare it, saving a double. Was harder hit than the one by Yelich last night.

Haven't dug much to confirm, but this team has to be historically bad offensively with the bases loaded.

.547 OPS with bases loaded, only 14/15 this year in the NL, can't be historically bad. AZ only has a .519 OPS

That feeling when you have your two ‘run producers’ up back to back with the bases loaded and you get two weak outs to the right side and get no runs.

Deflating.

Deflating not to score, but Shaw’s bouncer to first wasn’t a weak out. Nearly a snowcone by Zimmerman to snare it, saving a double. Was harder hit than the one by Yelich last night.

I was going to say, every at bat that inning was pretty good except Aguilars...and Shaw ripped that one hard. Worked the count, got on base, and we were one very very good defensive play away from a 3 run inning. Guerra is getting better while Hellickson is getting worse, this game is not over yet. Just need to keep having good atbats, we'll score some on Hellickson.

Haven't dug much to confirm, but this team has to be historically bad offensively with the bases loaded.

.547 OPS with bases loaded, only 14/15 this year in the NL, can't be historically bad. AZ only has a .519 OPS

You're right, not historically bad - but bad and a huge reason why the offense struggles. 0.547 OPS basically means the whole team turns into 2018 Arcia at the plate when the bases are juiced.

Deflating.

I stand corrected - limited to gamecast this evening.

Is it sad I assumed it was a weak out ? That’s just were we are at now - we need a big break or a big acquisition or something !!

Archived