Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-24: Nationals (Hellickson) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4 in 10 innings -- Saladino Sacrifice Fly Walk-Off]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

HvVUcOH.jpg

HvVUwNu.jpg

[pre]Nationals Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Adam Eaton (L) RF 1. Eric Thames (L) RF

2. Anthony Rendon ® 3B 2. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

3. Bryce Harper (L) CF 3. Christian Yelich (L) LF

4. Ryan Zimmerman ® 1B 4. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

5. Juan Soto (L) LF 5. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

6. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B 6. Tyler Saladino ® SS

7. Wilmer Difo (S) SS 7. Brad Miller (L) 2B

8. Spencer Kieboom ® C 8. Manny Piña ® C

9. Jeremy Hellickson ® P 9. Junior Guerra ® P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounding like Thames will be back today. Guessing that means Broxton back to AAA, unless Aguilar is headed for the DL. Either way, I'm assuming Aguilar doesn't start today, so I'll guess:

1. Thames 1B

2. Yelich RF

3. Cain CF

4. Shaw 3B

5. Braun LF

6. Saladino SS

7. Miller 2B

8. Pina C

9. Guerra P

If Aguilar is ready to come back, slot him in for Braun and move Thames to RF, Yelich to LF.

There is no reason for Orf to be on this team so imagine he is first to go. They have gone with Broxton over Phillips before but would think one of them is gone today or tomorrow with Thames/Guerra/Peralta coming back.

Thames and Guerra will be activated today so probably see Orf go for sure and then one of Broxton or Phillips.

Tomorrow when Peralta returns is a more interesting decision. Depends if Lopez pitches tonight. If he pitches tonight they probably option him. Probably between Woodruff, Lopez, or the other of Broxton/phillips.

Broxton is a pretty useful player off the bench. He can be a high end defensive sub anywhere in the OF, pinch run, pinch hit to lead off an inning, and has enough power to at least give you a chance that he'll run into one late.

I would definitely assume Orf goes before Broxton and probably Phillips goes down before Keon too.

What we need is a daily "guess the line-up" thread. It is tedious to see all the predictions in this thread every day.

old man rant over.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Thames and Guerra will be activated today so probably see Orf go for sure and then one of Broxton or Phillips.

Tomorrow when Peralta returns is a more interesting decision. Depends if Lopez pitches tonight. If he pitches tonight they probably option him. Probably between Woodruff, Lopez, or the other of Broxton/phillips.

orf gotta be the first one back down.

With the evolution of bullpens these days, how long until they just allow a 26th roster spot? You'd think the next CBA it has to be a discussion doesn't it?

Might be more likely to add the DH to the NL and start seeing 9 man bullpens. I also think making it easier for teams to make a bazillion bullpen changes per game, which seriously slows the game down, is not something baseball should be doing.

Thames is apparently starting in RF and leading off. I haven't seen the rest of the lineup, but with that I'm going to assume.

Thames

Cain

Yelich

Aguilar

Shaw

Saladino

Miller

Pina

Winner winner

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

With the evolution of bullpens these days, how long until they just allow a 26th roster spot? You'd think the next CBA it has to be a discussion doesn't it?

Might be more likely to add the DH to the NL and start seeing 9 man bullpens. I also think making it easier for teams to make a bazillion bullpen changes per game, which seriously slows the game down, is not something baseball should be doing.

Yes I assume that's in the works too, I think I saw something a week or two back that the Players are going to push for it now.

For bullpen switches, thing is it's already happening. But yes, adding another person allows it even more.

Archived