Brewer Fanatic

The Chris Archer Poll and Debate

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would not. After Archer's poor season so far his price should have gone down. I know he had a great game this weekend but TB might end up waiting for him to rebound more and sell in the offseason. I'm not as big of a hater on him as many here, so I'm open to looking into it for the right price, especially since the price should have dropped in the last 3 months. But I'm pretty sure Burnes and Hiura are off the table for me. Though I'd love to keep Peralta long term, I'm somewhat skeptical on Peralta's long term chances and his hot start could be a good boon to his 'value'. It still wouldn't be easy for me but I think he's our highest rated guy that I'd go. Starting framework of Peralta/Phillips or Santana should get the conversation going you'd think.

Count me in as a "No" as well. I'm sure TB would demand Hiura as I would guess that they still have an extremely high value on Archer, but like others have stated - I'm only including Hiura in a deal if we are getting a legit TOR starter back in return, and Archer no longer fits that bill.

No, Hiura to me should only be included if you are talking about a Sale type of a trade. Archer just doesn't fit that type of a trade to me.

I don't see the Rays giving up Archer for anything less than Hiura, Burnes, and Ray.

I don't see the Rays giving up Archer for anything less than Hiura, Burnes, and Ray.

This is just poor front office management too. I understand Archer is cost controlled but they aren't competing with the Yankees or the Red Sox anytime soon. Given this they need to move him for pieces that will be there when they're ready to compete again.

If I am them, the time to move him is now...actually it was prior to this season.

Not a frigging chance. Archer could pull a headlining prospect like that 3 years ago, but not anymore. I also think he would immediately be the most talented pitcher on the roster, but I need to see more consistency, and not just more of the same mediocre results if I’m giving up someone of Hiura’s pedigree.

I've always thought that Archer would be a good addition with the hopes of helping him realize his "potential", but Hiura would be tough to move in a deal hoping for the potential.

Got to vote "no" on a deal with Hiura but "yes" on exploring other options to get Archer here.

I've always thought that Archer would be a good addition with the hopes of helping him realize his "potential", but Hiura would be tough to move in a deal hoping for the potential.

Got to vote "no" on a deal with Hiura but "yes" on exploring other options to get Archer here.

My thoughts exactly.

Community Moderator

This is mostly meaningless, but I’ll share anyway... Chris Archer is two months from turning 30 years old, the same age Matt Garza was when he entered the Brewers rotation.

On a more relevant note, I am not outright opposed to trading for Archer, but I don’t think giving up Keston Hiura for him would be wise.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived