Brewer Fanatic

2018-07-22: Dodgers (Wood) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 11-2]

Eye Black
Suter doing his best to let this lead slip away quickly. He just isnt a guy who should be starting games. I know we have had injuries but Burnes should be there instead of Suter

Even with the injuries we have better options. Suter should not be a regular member of a starting rotation.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I hate .300 hitters with improving power and great OBP. He’s 26 and could develop those power numbers a lot.

Come on now, I am with you in that I really like Yelich and I think he has yet to even enter his prime, but the people talking about him are not saying anything close to "hating" him.

Trwi7 - Yelich is like Jenkins, I have no idea why he’s so revered on here.

Old school snapper- That’s an insult to Jenkins arm.

Boomer - In no possible way is he an elite player.

Our starting rotation is laughably bad. The bottom half of our lineup is a black hole. But some wanted us to go all in on a half season rental of Machado.

I'd have liked him on this team, but not at the cost, and certainly not before we fix about five other glaring weaknesses.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Anyone REALLY believe that our rotation isn't as big of a problem as the bottom of our lineup, or possibly more? I think we've done a lot on smoke-and-mirrors there, and it's finally coming back to haunt us.

They've all pretty much been good all year, it's just that they all seem to have one blowup inning every start and settle down after that.

All because Braun/Broxton couldn't handle a pop up.

No, not all because of that. He's getting thrashed like a rag doll. Just because your defense makes a mistake doesn't mean it's ok to get shelled. I'd say it's all because he isn't very good.

All because Braun/Broxton couldn't handle a pop up.

Take out the missed pop fly and he has given up 5 hits in less than 2 innings. That is bad. Make that 6

These aren't dinks and dunks either.

Anyone REALLY believe that our rotation isn't as big of a problem as the bottom of our lineup, or possibly more? I think we've done a lot on smoke-and-mirrors there, and it's finally coming back to haunt us.

They've all pretty much been good all year, it's just that they all seem to have one blowup inning every start and settle down after that.

There isn't any difference between giving up five runs in one inning and giving up one run in each of five innings. It still sucks.

Have they really? I believe we're nearly last in MLB in quality starts, and other than Guerra and Chacin, we really don't have anyone pitching to expectations. 2/5ths of a quality rotation is not good.

And the continued inability to go deep into games is going to destroy the bullpen. We saw the effects of that before the break, and it sure looks like we're about to have two consecutive short starts already that will gas the pen right out of the break. This is a major, major problem.

I didn't say it was ok.....if the ball is caught the only run that scored in that inning is the solo homer. You have to make plays or it can come back to bite you.....as we just saw. Certainly Suter bares responsibility as well.

These kind of starts have been few and far between for Suter. He us usually good for 5 innings and 1-3 runs.

Imagine this team with Jimmy Nelson and a healthy Zach Davies instead of Suter and say Miley. Nelson, Anderson, Davies, Peralta, Chacin would be just fine. Nelson and Davies each went 6 innings or more on average too. Would have saved our bullpen

Also helps when you have your best options starting and not guys like Brent Suter.

Have they really? I believe we're nearly last in MLB in quality starts, and other than Guerra and Chacin, we really don't have anyone pitching to expectations. 2/5ths of a quality rotation is not good.

And the continued inability to go deep into games is going to destroy the bullpen. We saw the effects of that before the break, and it sure looks like we're about to have two consecutive short starts already that will gas the pen right out of the break. This is a major, major problem.

Brewers are tied for NL lead in QS

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/league/nl

Remember all the Braun for Kemp rumors in the offseason and how laughable the front office found it to be?

Yes, too bad we don't have Kemp and his 1.5 WAR in through 98 games. That 2.5 WAR projected over 162 games would have been such a major boon to this team!

The front office made the right decision. As has been pointed out, Braun has had some terrible luck this season. But Matt Kemp, outside of one MVP caliber season, and one other quasi-All Star season, has been a major disappointment as a Major League player, and that ugly side of Kemp could rear its ugly head at any minute.

Per BBR, he had an 8.0 WAR in 2010. A 4.9 WAR in 2009. Since his hot start to the 2011 season, he's been a disaster. 2.8 WAR combined over the past seven seasons, and 3,009 plate appearances. Take away this season, and 1.3 WAR over a six season stretch.

That the kind of player anybody wants on this team?

Braun has come through in the clutch on more than one occasion this season, and while he's clearly nowhere near the MVP he used to be, I could easily see him getting hot for a stretch.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived