Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign OF/IF Richie Shaffer and RF Rymer Liriano to AAA deals

Only 3 OFers on the AAA roster, and no OFers besides Ray playing well in Biloxi. I get it. Plus I'm betting Shaffer sees most of his time at 1B.

Yeah but when Braun and Thames come off the DL our MLB/AAA situation will look like this:

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Thames

Phillips

Broxton

Taylor

Santana

Berry

Liriano

Shaffer

Could just be a depth move, but I like to think its because we are trading someone because I over-analyze everything.

I'm surprised Liriano sat out there that long. The Angels released him about 6 weeks ago. So far he's looked like a classic AAAA player, but I still wonder if he might have a few good MLB seasons in him? He's 27 years old and a lifetime .282/.361/.466/.827 hitter in AAA. Great guy to bring in and give a solid audition in AAA.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Only 3 OFers on the AAA roster, and no OFers besides Ray playing well in Biloxi. I get it. Plus I'm betting Shaffer sees most of his time at 1B.

Yeah but when Braun and Thames come off the DL our MLB/AAA situation will look like this:

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Thames

Phillips

Broxton

Taylor

Santana

Berry

Liriano

Shaffer

Could just be a depth move, but I like to think its because we are trading someone because I over-analyze everything.

I hear ya. I too have been guilty of making some leaps lately when it comes to the moves this team is making leading to something bigger. Unfortunately I've been disappointed nearly every time so far. I guess I'll look at this right now as "very cautiously optimistic".

I'm surprised Liriano sat out there that long. The Angels released him about 6 weeks ago. So far he's looked like a classic AAAA player, but I still wonder if he might have a few good MLB seasons in him? He's 27 years old and a lifetime .282/.361/.466/.827 hitter in AAA. Great guy to bring in and give a solid audition in AAA.

Liriano was just released on Wednesday. Shaffer was released June 8, so he was out there awhile.

Stokes hasn't been bad in Biloxi, not as spectacular as Ray, but still very solid, good OBP. Power surge from last year not a fluke.

ugh. i wish the club still had kyle wren.

On the topic of former Brewer on-base AAAA type OFs, Michael Reed is having quite the season with a 1.000+ OPS in AA and AAA, with an OBP of .462. Surprised me to see that he was still only 25.

Stokes hasn't been bad in Biloxi, not as spectacular as Ray, but still very solid, good OBP. Power surge from last year not a fluke.

I was expecting a bigger jump, especially since he's repeating AA. The enormous K numbers are a huge concern. Perhaps he hasn't taken a step back, but he certainly hasn't taken one forward either.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
ugh. i wish the club still had kyle wren.

On the topic of former Brewer on-base AAAA type OFs, Michael Reed is having quite the season with a 1.000+ OPS in AA and AAA, with an OBP of .462. Surprised me to see that he was still only 25.

Reed is back in the big leagues with Atlanta.

I was expecting a bigger jump, especially since he's repeating AA. The enormous K numbers are a huge concern. Perhaps he hasn't taken a step back, but he certainly hasn't taken one forward either.

Until a couple weeks ago he had better numbers than Ray.

Archived