Brewer Fanatic

Nolan Arenado

Curious as to what everyone thinks it’d take to get Nolan. Signed thru next year but at a hefty price, $17 million this year. He’s a legit middle of order bat that has been vocal as of late about playing for a winner. Is there any chance he could be a play? Not overly impressed by Shaw even with his homers. I would say he’s a better all around player than machado and is signed for another year.

Doesn’t he have crazy home/road splits?

He plays for the Rockies, so yes.

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Who is the guy that has reverse splits, or had reverse splits there? I can't recall who it was... maybe was a couple years ago...?

Every year a handful of guys do but I'm not aware of a guy that has had them for an extended period of time. That said, I'm sure someone did a few years ago.

Every year a handful of guys do but I'm not aware of a guy that has had them for an extended period of time. That said, I'm sure someone did a few years ago.

Was it Larry Waker?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Was it Larry Waker?

I just looked and the steroid era is so fun to look at with Coors Field numbers.

Walker's home batting line in 1999:

.461/.531/.879/1.410 with 26 HR in 66 home games (only started 58).

No, he's not the one.

Was it Larry Waker?

I just looked and the steroid era is so fun to look at with Coors Field numbers.

Walker's home batting line in 1999:

.461/.531/.879/1.410 with 26 HR in 66 home games (only started 58).

No, he's not the one.

Yea, it was not he.... haha WOW.

Parra has reverse splits this year. LeMahieu kinda has reverse splits but it's basically because he's hit some homers on the road. Still a way higher BA/OBP/etc. at home this year and his career is majorly home-juiced. Ian Desmond does as well. It's a bit of a strange year all around for the Rockies.

Archived