Brewer Fanatic

Hader Tweets

FVBrewerFan

Here’s my thing:

No standing ovation = Nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

Standing ovation = Nothing to gain, something to lose.

It’s just pointless to do and all it did was stir the pot a bit. Not everyone understands it was to show forgiveness, it wasn’t obvious. Go look at Twitter...the reaction outside of Milwaukee was pretty terrible. Even off of Twitter I’m sure people were taking it the wrong way outside of Milwaukee.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If this would have happened in Chicago or St Louis or Boston or anywhere else I'm willing to bet the same thing would have happened. Also, I don't really care what people outside of Wisconsin think about wisconsinites. Let people think what they want to think they are going to anyways. Lastly you can't really control the spontaneous behavior of a crowd. And anyways what's done is done right?

Go look at Twitter...the reaction outside of Milwaukee was pretty terrible.

I couldn't care less what a skewed sampling of the public has to say. The Twitverse has a lot of potential, but in practice is just another group of uniformed reactionaries... Truth suffers when brevity is the rule...

Even off of Twitter I’m sure people were taking it the wrong way outside of Milwaukee.

I don't have the statistics, but I would be amazed if more than 10% of the public is informed on topics they have an opinion about. Time after Time after Time I see people having an opinion without anything more than a tenuous grasp of a fraction of the facts... Google has been great at bringing information to people in an easy way, unfortunately at the same time people can't be bothered to spend any time looking up that information and attempting to resolve conflicting data...

I agree with RoCo, who cares what people think outside Milwaukee. I've lived in CA for 30ish years and 80% of the people I meet don't even know where Milwaukee is and 10% of the 80% think its in Oregon... If you don't even know where the place is, you aren't entitled to an opinion about it or anything that happens there...

Did I ever say you should care? Did I ever say it was a big deal either way? Did I say the world was burning? Did I ever say it could be controlled or it wouldn’t happen elsewhere exactly the same? NO

All I said was a standing ovation brought absolutely nothing positive to anyone or anything. However it did create some negative thoughts among people and brought negativity towards our organization. It was pointless, that’s all I’m saying. It would have been better to not happen at all.

You don’t need to tell me the amount of people offended is low etc. etc. and how it isn’t a big deal. I’m not arguing that. One person getting upset over it is too much because no one was going to be upset if everyone sat there like they normally do.

All I said was a standing ovation brought absolutely nothing positive to anyone or anything.

The whole thing has brought absolutely nothing positive to anyone or anything.

It would be one thing if these Tweets were recent. It would be another if they had come from a grown adult. But neither is the case. If people are resorting to bringing up seven year old Tweets from a 17-year-old to create "news", then those journalistic bottom-feeders are just looking to make a name for themselves and don't care who they leave in their wake.

Once Twitter became popular, I think those who received Sociology majors suddenly became more relevant... ;)

He was 17 (unlike the guy who wrote for Deadspin and said he was 18). Were they terrible? Absolutely. This certainly doesn't fall under the guise of "Love your neighbor as yourself." What type of person is he now? Like so many others, I took cues from those who know him better than anybody else -- his teammates. His teammates who are not caucasian spoke to his character and that is enough for me. I forgive the guy.

It is impossible for anybody to know why each person stood. Perhaps it wasn't to only support Hader, but it was to support Cain, Broxton, Agular, and the others on the team that showed their support for Hader. Sometimes people will make Tweets one way or another to put a notch on their Social Justice belt. [sarcasm]Journalists[/sarcasm] will spin the story to try to prove their point. Not every person stood, nor did every person cheer. That is the nature of society today.

Now... let's start winning some games, boys!!!!

Remember when Broxton was arrested for getting in a fight while drunk (and maybe had a gun, I don't remember the specific details)? Or Gallardo got a DUI? I'm sure many don't. Yes, some people were outraged but neither was suspended or made national headlines. And both of these ADULTS caused or had the potential to cause seriously bodily harm to themselves and others. Hader posted some stupid, offensive words on Twitter when he was a stupid TEENAGER. Maybe he truly meant them then, maybe he didn't. Maybe he still feels that way, maybe he doesn't. Personally, I don't care either way and I'm sick of being told by the media and others that I need to be outraged and offended by every thing someone does or has done in their life. I can't wait for the news to break that when Hader was 8 years old he said that girls were gross and icky. Then we can add sexist to the list of his offenses.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think we're done here.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived