Brewer Fanatic

2018-16-07: Homerun Derby — Jesús Aguilar #1 Seed 8:00 PM ET

MrTPlush

The guy (Harper's Dad) throwing to Harper was money, absolutely on the money accurate when it counted. Amazing.

I'm no Harper fan, but that was a display!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Not that I'm complaining but they were being pretty generous to Harper at the end on those ball has to land before the next pitch.

Totally. The ball would be in the air about 300 feet from the plate and the next pitch is being delivered.

I saw posts like this on another baseball forum. I thought this was happening too but wasn't there an ump behind the hitters gestering when another ball could be pitched?

Apparently this is a thing and Cubs fans are salty. There were maybe 1 or 2 I noticed that were well before the ball landing, but most were legit. My thoughts, who gives a crap. It's the HR derby. Maybe next year they let these guys know not to do that, but it would be stupid to be so stringent on rules in an event that is solely about having fun.

Leave it to Cubs fans to cry over something so inconsequential.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/there-are-home-run-derby-truthers-accusing-bryce-harpers-dad-of-cheating/

Apparently this is a thing and Cubs fans are salty. There were maybe 1 or 2 I noticed that were well before the ball landing, but most were legit. My thoughts, who gives a crap. It's the HR derby. Maybe next year they let these guys know not to do that, but it would be stupid to be so stringent on rules in an event that is solely about having fun.

Leave it to Cubs fans to cry over something so inconsequential.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/there-are-home-run-derby-truthers-accusing-bryce-harpers-dad-of-cheating/

You're thinking of Cardinals fans.

Not that I'm complaining but they were being pretty generous to Harper at the end on those ball has to land before the next pitch.

Totally. The ball would be in the air about 300 feet from the plate and the next pitch is being delivered.

I saw posts like this on another baseball forum. I thought this was happening too but wasn't there an ump behind the hitters gestering when another ball could be pitched?

There is but I'm guessing they wouldn't mind the hometown guy getting a few extra swings in or maybe Harper and his dad decided to go rogue and dare the umpires to take away any home runs he hit before the last ball landed.

First of all, I kept complaining during the derby that every pitcher (except Aguilar's) was quick-pitching. Aguilar's was slow pitching. I don't mind the Harper complaints, because 1) the balls were already over the fence, and 2) if the pitcher waits for the ump rather than anticipating, then the player is going to miss out on swings.

They hardly talked up Aguilar, instead chatting with Freeman(?)

I stopped watching long ago with the nine outs rule, the derby took forever. I didn't mind the timed sessions.

Archived