Brewer Fanatic

2018-16-07: Homerun Derby — Jesús Aguilar #1 Seed 8:00 PM ET

MrTPlush

A lot of talk of Aguilar winning this thing.

So I am expecting a last place finish. Ugh. Funny what a long losing streak does even to my all-star excitement.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I was a fan of the out system to be honest. I know it took long, but seemed better.

100% agree. Who cares how long it took, liked that system so much better.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I was a fan of the out system to be honest. I know it took long, but seemed better.

100% agree. Who cares how long it took, liked that system so much better.

Aguilar has sucked, but the broadcast made a good point. He hits them high and basically has no chance now. Why are we punishing high majestic bombs?

Hoskings didn't wait till his landed, his pitcher was going early which is smart, not like they are going to take any off the board.

I'm ok with him not advancing, don't risk an oblique or something stupid swinging hard when your tired. He wasn't embarrassing, he hit a dozen.

What is this garbage - one AL player, a timer, and a head to head bracket?

I miss the old format. 10 outs, highest totals advance. And Griffey has his backwards hat and the love of the masses.

Yeah I agree. It's pretty stupid. It encourages wild hacks at whatever, penalizes the pitcher for missing the zone, penalizes the batter for hang time -- it's just dumb.

10 outs is fine. Don't know what was wrong with that.

I don't mind the new format, but they should probably take out the wait till it lands rule. Some pitchers are going early anyway and why punish skyscrapers?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I don't mind the new format, but they should probably take out the wait till it lands rule. Some pitchers are going early anyway and why punish skyscrapers?

I would hate it less if they at least did away with that. It's not going to be enforced anyway, so, why?

Archived