Brewer Fanatic

Manny Machado (Part 2)

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers won't include Burnes.....excellent.

That post definitely makes it sound like offering Medina makes Philly the frontrunner. With that said, Medina is only in High A and having a poor season. I'd wonder how they would value him versus someone like Woodruff. I think they'd obviously prefer Burnes over Medina.

I have no idea what the Orioles really want but I personally don't see Medina as an exciting enough headliner that it couldn't be beat with a very deep offer.

Looks like Phillies should pull out the Machado victory. (My opinion) Congrats to them... we keep Burnes & move forward. 2 extra inning losses to Marlins, swept by a bad Pirates team in 5 game series.... could have really used a game changer for bringing back momentum to the team & fans... at least we got Aguilar to win final vote & Jeffress added... bout only good thing in last week of Brewer baseball

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I absolutely can't see Stearns budging on Burnes.

That said, I absolutely can see Mark Attanasio not being able to take it anymore, and calling Stearns sometime today or tomorrow and telling Stearns, "Let's send Corbin to Baltimore and end this."

Burnes is a deal breaker. I walk 10/10 times to loss him on a rental regardless of how good. Watching him pitch so far at mlb level has shown a good glimpse of why we need to keep him around. May never be a true ace but that’s fine...kid is solid, consistent, and just a really darn good pitcher.

That said, I absolutely can see Mark Attanasio not being able to take it anymore, and calling Stearns sometime today or tomorrow and telling Stearns, "Let's send Corbin to Baltimore and end this."

Then, if I'm Stearns, I immediately turn in my resume and patiently wait for that big market job.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Then, if I'm Stearns, I immediately turn in my resume and patiently wait for that big market job.

Yep......when the owner starts doing your job for you it's time to look for a better opportunity.

I think it gets a bit over blown about MA being involved with things. For all we know he and Stearns have a great working relationship with a shared idea for this teams direction.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Burnes is a deal breaker. I walk 10/10 times to loss him on a rental regardless of how good. Watching him pitch so far at mlb level has shown a good glimpse of why we need to keep him around. May never be a true ace but that’s fine...kid is solid, consistent, and just a really darn good pitcher.

That has been the path of each world series over the past couple years, ie., rentals. Ask the Cubs. Without Chapman, they dont go to the series. Cubs farm system isnt as great now but they got a ring.

Unless we get a controllable player before the august 30 deadline like the American league has done the last few years (verlander, or miller, but that Miller cost #1 prospect as well in frazier).

It is simply too late in august for us to have had a chance, we had to give up CB otherwise half our team is on DL with no equalizer to fill the glaring gap. Thames and Villar dl forced this deal.

Community Moderator
Typically I would advocate for a team trading for prospects taking the “quality over quantity” approach, but in the case of the Orioles I think they are in such despair that it is clear they are a long way from being competitive again. With the volatility of pitching prospects and the likely long bottom out process ahead I think they would be smart to seek a handful solid position prospects. That doesn’t seem to be the route they are going, however.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

That has been the path of each world series over the past couple years, ie., rentals. Ask the Cubs. Without Chapman, they dont go to the series. Cubs farm system isnt as great now but they got a ring.

Unless we get a controllable player before the august 30 deadline like the American league has done the last few years (verlander, or miller, but that Miller cost #1 prospect as well in frazier).

It is simply too late in august for us to have had a chance, we had to give up CB otherwise half our team is on DL with no equalizer to fill the glaring gap. Thames and Villar dl forced this deal.

Are you saying you know Burnes is in the deal?

no. i dont "know" anything

He doesnt know anything, are you really falling for this again?

I think it gets a bit over blown about MA being involved with things. For all we know he and Stearns have a great working relationship with a shared idea for this teams direction.

I'm not saying MA would do that.......I'm saying if he did that Stearns should look for a new job.

We do know that Attanasio did the Lohse deal .........not sure of he engineered any trades in the past or not. Hopefully he is leaving the baseball decisions to the baseball people now.

And I agree....there is no indication that Stearns and Mark are not on the same page.

He doesnt know anything, are you really falling for this again?

I asked a clarifying question. I would think that would mean I am not falling for anything lest you forget the absolute ton of poo I took for not buying in to the other guy.

Typically I would advocate for a team trading for prospects taking the “quality over quantity” approach, but in the case of the Orioles I think they are in such despair that it is clear they are a long way from being competitive again. With the volatility of pitching prospects and the likely long bottom out process ahead I think they would be smart to seek a handful solid position prospects. That doesn’t seem to be the route they are going, however.

Great point that may get lost in the shuffle here. If the Os were smart, they would go for quantity. Just off the top of my head, but Brown, Gatewood, Supak, Henry, Lara. Off the top of my head, but something like that. Not one big sexy name but like 5 guys who are solid with some upside. They wouldn't do it, I know, but they need a big infusion of talent.

Community Moderator

If you are going to continue to post like you have received “insider information” you need to be more specific about where this alleged information was posted. You said your friend received this information from an Indians social media source, but now there doesn’t appear to be any recollection of where the information came from? Frankly that isn’t believable. We will leave your posts up for now and we certainly encourage posters to share information they believe to be credible as long as they are making an honest effort to be as forthcoming as possible. I would encourage you to begin providing evidence of your finding before continuing to discuss this in absolutes. Thanks for your cooperation.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

If you are going to continue to post like you have received “insider information” you need to be more specific about where this alleged information was posted. You said your friend received this information from an Indians social media source, but now there doesn’t appear to be any recollection of where the information came from? Frankly that isn’t believable. We will leave your posts up for now and we certainly encourage posters to share information they believe to be credible as long as they are making an honest effort to be as forthcoming as possible. I would encourage you to begin providing evidence of your finding before continuing to discuss this in absolutes. Thanks for your cooperation.

+1

“Had to give up CB” and “forced this deal” are pretty absolute sounding.

I know nothing outside of what I’ve read online. All looks not good for Brewers. Phillies offering their top pitching prospect doesn’t help us retain Burnes. Only thing that helps is he is young & struggling... probably over 2 years away to even be close to pitching an MLB game at best. Rumors all pointed to them wanting mlb ready or near ready prospects.

Maybe Phillies are trying to pull rabbit out of a hat with throwing him out there to get closer to the Brewers offer.... all smoke screens & false leaks. Really just needs to be over soon so we all can move on

Way to drop the ball DS..i miss Ron Wolff..he was the last Wisconsin sports GM to be agressive and take some chances..lo and behold..he won a championship too..DS needs to learn..scared money dont make money..

Ted Thompson won a championship too, and I don’t think anyone would accuse him of being aggressive...

Way to drop the ball DS..i miss Ron Wolff..he was the last Wisconsin sports GM to be agressive and take some chances..lo and behold..he won a championship too..DS needs to learn..scared money dont make money..

Ted Thompson won a championship too, and I don’t think anyone would accuse him of being aggressive...

With Arodg as QB..he should have won more but his lack of agressiveness is what held him back.. and ironically enough what cost him his job

With Arodg as QB..he should have won more but his lack of agressiveness is what held him back.. and ironically enough what cost him his job

And Wolf has Favre. Still not a good point.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived