Brewer Fanatic

Manny Machado (Part 2)

It was presented as fact, that is where the problem lies:

"brewers just secured Machado. Details to follow. Announcement after the ASG."

That is not a "I heard from a source" information, that sounds factual.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn it now I’m back to excited again.

Seeing as we can improve SS by like 2 WAR or so... the rest of the way... that’s a big difference. 2 games last year we play in the wild card game...

Dang it

Yup. A guy who can get us into the playoffs is more than “just a rental”.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It was presented as fact, that is where the problem lies.:

"brewers just secured Machado. Details to follow. Announcement after the ASG."/i]

I guess we'll see. Certainly putting himself out there.

It was presented as fact, that is where the problem lies.:

"brewers just secured Machado. Details to follow. Announcement after the ASG."/i]

I would love for this to be true!

I did hear that a few other places about the Phillies the last couple days too though.

Time will tell!

I'm all over the place on wanting and not wanting Machado to happen. I do, then I don't. I guess it'll depend on price like anything else.

This is where I'm at as well. At this hour, I don't. I just don't think he puts us over the top, I think we still need quite a bit to be a legit contender. But the thought of sitting in Miller Park in August/Sept with Machado in a pennant race is hard not to get excited about.

Without Machado, we are at least a wildcard team with equal chances to get to the ws. The parity in the NL is truly amazing.

I think Machado, without starting pitcher help is going to put us in the ws. Not sure if Machado would help us pull even with the yanks, redsox or astros to win the series but our lineup at least would look good:

thames

cain

yelish

aquillar

Machado

Shaw

Braun (dh)

Miller

Pina

Not adding anything to where it was from is pretty odd. Hope it's somehow true.

ill try to get some other things off the screenshot and post but im sure the post is still public. i didnt get the link but ill hit him up and try to get it. Im pretty sure, at least the Tribe, thinks we got Machado.

When folks say just a rental it’s like saying just a World Series. Obviously he can’t save us by himself but I’d sure love to take a bite out of our disastrous 5-9 lineup.

We are disastrous 7-8. Every no team (unless they are playing us is disastrous at 9). Including 5 is crazy. Shaw struggled for a month but still has an ops over .800 and has been very good the last week plus. Honestly wouldn't say Saladino is disastrous either.

Machado and have saldino at 2b and then have Miller, Perez Braun or Thames off the bench is pretty solid. Really just become below average at catcher

Not adding anything to where it was from is pretty odd. Hope it's somehow true.

ill try to get some other things off the screenshot and post but im sure the post is still public. i didnt get the link but ill hit him up and try to get it. Im pretty sure, at least the Tribe, thinks we got Machado.

Right, the Indians "think" we got him, so they will stop trying to be in contact with the Orioles.

oh my.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wheres HH19 when you need em

I'll help out. Here you go:

- Brewers love Machado and have made a very good offer. The names tossed around include Phillips, Ortiz, Burnes, Lutz, Woodruff, Arcia, Bando, T. Williams, Houser, Peralta, Ray, Erceg, Dubon, Gatewood, Brown, Nottingham, Stokes, Carmona, Medeiros, Ponce and a few others. That's just a preliminary list - I'm guessing some other guys have been talked about. 50% chance we get something done.

- Brewers won't include top prospects such as Hiura - but you never know if that will change.

- Brewers don't want to increase their offer any more except for if they have to. It's coin flip that we increase the offer.

- Phillies have made a good proposal. Brewers might have to increase their offer to beat, but maybe not. It's toss up that we don't have to increase the offer.

- Yankees made an offer but not good enough - 50% chance that could change.

- Dodgers had a proposal but it was rejected. 50/50 they may come back and try again.

- Between 2 and 29 other teams have inquired on Machado.

- O's will wait until after the all-star break to announce trade. But that may change if they feel they can get more by waiting. Odds are about even that things get wrapped up this week.

- Orioles have been scouting Brewer players. 50% chance the Orioles scout Brewer players and eat peanuts at the same time.

- Mark A wants to go 'all in' but Stearns does not. If a deal is done, that means Mark A won the battle. If not, then Stearns did. Even money that Stearns wins this one, but you never know.

- Come back later tonight and I will scramble all these things up, re-word slightly, and add some random percentage points.

Of course, I'm leaving and never coming back if anyone questions me. Never means about 50%.

Reilly...this was awesome. I actually read it and took it literal on first glance. :laughing

This was done though because I think in the past you mentioned you actually did have a source in the Brewers front office. Is my memory correct on this?

Thanks. I'm glad you understood it was a joke. I'm sorry if I led anyone astray into thinking this was real. It was just me having some fun. It's been pretty tense on these boards lately and I thought it was amusing. I probably shouldn't have done it in the HH style. All that is beyond us and I probably didn't need to dredge it up. Even if it was funny.

I do have a couple of sources that have dropped me some tidbits here and there over the years. I've had one source that's been hit or miss, and one that's been pretty accurate. But I don't get much. And often when I do, I really can't say anything (which is really hard to do, if I do say so). I've shared a few things on the board, but not much.

Alas, nothing regarding the Machado stuff. Would love to know what's up.

My question if they do add Manny will it allow the brewers to add an arm?

If they want it, they can do both.

I also think you really need to get Ramos if you get Machado. He shouldn't be too much, and you might as well fix catcher too.

Community Moderator
I'm not entirely positive, but I'm pretty sure he's posting that "info" as a way of mocking HH19. Meaning, he's saying it in jest.

I really didn't get that vibe at all. He wasn't even a board member during the HH19 incidents.

look, i have no idea what HH19 is. Im not here to cause trouble. Im a sth in 215. I wear my pennebaker brewer jersey (Mr 3000 character)

That’s fitting because this strikes me as the T-Rex Pennebaker equivalent of a trade rumor.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

CF Cain

LF Yelich

SS Machado

1B Aguilar

3B Shaw

C Ramos

RF Thames

2B Saladino

That would be kind of a fun lineup to watch.

If only someone was 3/4 of what they were.

CF Cain

LF Yelich

SS Machado

1B Aguilar

RF Braun

3B Shaw

C Ramos

2B Saladino

According to @jonmorosi, the #Phillies are willing to include No. 2 prospect Adonis Medina (@MLB No. 73) in a package for Manny Machado, while the #Brewers & #Dodgers⁠ ⁠ offers have not included top pitching prospects Corbin Burnes & Dustin May.

The latest: atmlb.com/2NiEiEq

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived