Brewer Fanatic

Manny Machado (Part 2)

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was a lot more interested in this thread 10 days ago, and I hate to admit it but going into the break on a 1-7 note has just sucked a lot of the fun out of this for me and I hate that. :( Good luck to Machado wherever he ends up.

Community Moderator

I get the sense we will know within an hour of the conclusion of tomorrow night’s All-Star Game where Machado is heading.

At this point it seems like Philly makes the most sense when you factor in that they are very hopeful of signing him in the off-season as well. Maybe the whole “goodwill gesture” thing is overblown, but it seems at least plausible that it is a factor the Phillies may value in addition to making their present team better.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wheres HH19 when you need em

I'll help out. Here you go:

- Brewers love Machado and have made a very good offer. The names tossed around include Phillips, Ortiz, Burnes, Lutz, Woodruff, Arcia, Bando, T. Williams, Houser, Peralta, Ray, Erceg, Dubon, Gatewood, Brown, Nottingham, Stokes, Carmona, Medeiros, Ponce and a few others. That's just a preliminary list - I'm guessing some other guys have been talked about. 50% chance we get something done.

- Brewers won't include top prospects such as Hiura - but you never know if that will change.

- Brewers don't want to increase their offer any more except for if they have to. It's coin flip that we increase the offer.

- Phillies have made a good proposal. Brewers might have to increase their offer to beat, but maybe not. It's toss up that we don't have to increase the offer.

- Yankees made an offer but not good enough - 50% chance that could change.

- Dodgers had a proposal but it was rejected. 50/50 they may come back and try again.

- Between 2 and 29 other teams have inquired on Machado.

- O's will wait until after the all-star break to announce trade. But that may change if they feel they can get more by waiting. Odds are about even that things get wrapped up this week.

- Orioles have been scouting Brewer players. 50% chance the Orioles scout Brewer players and eat peanuts at the same time.

- Mark A wants to go 'all in' but Stearns does not. If a deal is done, that means Mark A won the battle. If not, then Stearns did. Even money that Stearns wins this one, but you never know.

- Come back later tonight and I will scramble all these things up, re-word slightly, and add some random percentage points.

Of course, I'm leaving and never coming back if anyone questions me. Never means about 50%.

- Brewers love Machado and have made a very good offer. The names tossed around include Phillips, Ortiz, Burnes, Lutz, Woodruff, Arcia, Bando, T. Williams, Houser, Peralta, Ray, Erceg, Dubon, Gatewood, Brown, Nottingham, Stokes, Carmona, Medeiros, Ponce and a few others. That's just a preliminary list - I'm guessing some other guys have been talked about. 50% chance we get something done.

- Brewers won't include top prospects such as Hiura - but you never know if that will change.

- Brewers don't want to increase their offer any more except for if they have to. It's coin flip that we increase the offer.

- Phillies have made a good proposal. Brewers might have to increase their offer to beat, but maybe not. It's toss up that we don't have to increase the offer.

- Dodgers had a proposal but it was rejected. 50/50 they may come back and try again.

- O's will wait until after the all-star break to announce trade. But that may change if they feel they can get more by waiting. Odds are about even that things get wrapped up this week.

- Orioles have been scouting Brewer players. 50% chance the Orioles scout Brewer players and eat peanuts at the same time.

- Mark A wants to go 'all in' but Stearns does not. If a deal is done, that means Mark A won the battle. If not, then Stearns did. Even money that Stearns wins this one, but you never know.

- Come back later tonight and I will scramble all these things up, re-word slightly, and add some random percentage points.

Of course, I'm leaving and never coming back if anyone questions me. Never means about 50%.

Any thinking man can see that you have inside sources, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Reilly...this was awesome. I actually read it and took it literal on first glance. :laughing

This was done though because I think in the past you mentioned you actually did have a source in the Brewers front office. Is my memory correct on this?

Somewhere out there, a Brewerfan.net lurker is relaying this information to one of his friends from his 'insider.'

Somewhere out there, a Brewerfan.net lurker is relaying this information to one of his friends from his 'insider.'

I get a good laugh out of all of these jokes at his expense, then I laugh harder knowing he reads them.

I get a good laugh out of all of these jokes at his expense, then I laugh harder knowing he reads them.

He did it for the attention and to have people thinking about him. He probably likes when people bring him up and make jokes.

That post was super funny. Nothing was a complete lie either haha.

I do fear that Philadelphia will end up getting Machado now , but I guess that’s ok because that team has a lot of shortcomings besides what he would do for them. I hope I’m wrong and we get lucky !

LOL

Or, you can be all offended, threaten to leave, then leave, but continue to monitor responses to your lies, then, when something happens that you got lucky on and guessed correctly, come back to gloat, then get pissed and leave again, come back, only to get banned by mods.

What a soap opera that was.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

brewers just secured Machado. Details to follow. Announcement after the ASG.

Great grab for the Crew. Not sure if we are done and it wasnt announced who we gave up.

How bout a pitcher now and we are set for the ws?

If this isn't true, and you think you are being funny, I won't mind if you get banned.

geez.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Great grab for the Crew. Not sure if we are done and it wasnt announced who we gave up.

Might as well take a stab in the dark, eh?

If this isn't true, and you think you are being funny, I won't mind if you get banned.

geez.

source is from Cleveland. Said it just went down after the Tribe put together a last minute offer.

Lets hope we hear something a bit more official this evening.

geez.

Meh, this is the Twitter era, we should all be used to it. There's a couple mods here who have some degree of inside info, so if they start talking, I'm definitely listening, but other than that I pretty much take it in stride and check sources I trust.

Of course if he ends up right, good for him.

geez.

source is from Cleveland. Said it just went down after the Tribe put together a last minute offer.

Lets hope we hear something a bit more official this evening.

Well, you'll either be a legend or you will never be heard from again.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I think the deal comes down to an extreme. It's either going to be considered an extreme overpay or extreme underpay. (Hopefully if it's Milwaukee it'll be the latter), I get that he's better than JD Martinez and he plays premium position but it's still for 2.5 months of games. The Orioles really messed up by not moving him in the winter at the latest!

The Phillies will get three more games out of Machado and the Dodgers two versus the Brewers and their front loaded schedule.

Three games is 4.5% of their remaining games. Which is quite a bit of value difference imo.

Archived