Brewer Fanatic

Stearns for Syndergaard

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would not trade Stearns for Syndergaard.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I would trade Brad Ford for a journalist.

Jon Heyman?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I worded my question poorly.

It is not really news.

I should not have said report, but instead, the speculation that the Mets would be interested in David Stearns.

Well to the hypothetical question no, I wouldn't trade Stearns for Syndergaard.

This is ridiculous.

John Finkelstein writes an article for his site Metsmezmerizedonline.com about eight potential Mets GM candidates to replace Sandy Alderson.

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2018/07/eight-potential-mets-gm-candidates.html/

Real journalist Jon Heyman mentions it in his INSIDE MLB NOTES article.

https://fancredsports.com/articles/inside-baseball-mlb-notes-mike-trouts-mickey-man

Non-journalist dude at "Brew Crew Ball" writes an "article" repeating this rumor that Stearns is a candidate for the Mets opening to drum up traffic for his blog.

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2018/7/12/17565214/report-milwaukee-brewers-david-stearns-is-a-candidate-for-the-new-york-mets-gm-opening

Brewerfan freaks out...

http://forum.brewerfan.net/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=37131

Fun stuff.

Jon Heyman?

No. Heyman just loosely walked through why Stearns would be an interesting name for the job, and pointed out why the chances of it happening are slim to none. Ford is the one who used that to form a click bait headline "Stearns Is a candidate for Mets GM"

This is ridiculous.

So as a journalist, Heyman gets assigned to write an article about potential GM Candidates for the Mets to replace Sandy Alderson.

So he writes an article speculating 8 GMs that "may" be candidates. He doesn't check the GMs current contracts or anything but just speculates potential targets.

Non-journalist dude at "Brew Crew Ball" writes an "article" repeating this rumor that Stearns is a candidate for the Mets opening to drum up traffic for his blog.

Brewerfan freaks out...

Fun stuff.

Same thing he did yesterday with the "Burnes in trade package for Machado" Bowden tweet. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I called him on it yesterday, and a poster named iKezims defended the heck out of it. I'm assuming iKezims is Mr. Ford.

Jon Heyman?

No. Heyman just loosely walked through why Stearns would be an interesting name for the job, and pointed out why the chances of it happening are slim to none. Ford is the one who used that to form a click bait headline "Stearns Is a candidate for Mets GM"

I know it was a joke.

Brad Ford = HighHeat19

Brad Ford's twitter profile pic says all you need to know about Brad Ford. He's *that guy* that everyone knows

Haha this is so true. He's the guy that is at every high school reunion talking about how awesome he was at baseball, even though he was the equipment manager.

(Sorry if this is off-topic)

If you were a GM and had the choice would you:

A) Build a team up (White Sox for example) and see how everything unfolds. 10+ years as GM for that team.

B) The pieces of your rebuild are showing up to your major league team, but your favorite team's GM position is open. You choose to become the GM of your favorite team.

A) Build a team up (White Sox for example) and see how everything unfolds. 10+ years as GM for that team.

B) The pieces of your rebuild are showing up to your major league team, but your favorite team's GM position is open. You choose to become the GM of your favorite team.

In other words, the John Schneider Seattle/GB dilemma. First contract gave him an out clause but his extension did not.

Gruber Lawffices

In other words, the John Schneider Seattle/GB dilemma. First contract gave him an out clause but his extension did not.

Pretty close. The only difference is Seattle's run seems over. The Brewers seem to be reaching their peak.

This is a really silly question, but to answer it, I would for sure trade Stearns for Syndergaard. He's a hell of a pitcher when he's healthy. I think Stearns has done a good job for the most part, but he basically put 3 guys in front of Jesus coming into the season and hasn't done a darn thing to shore up the SP. I would certainly hope there's a list of GM candidates that would be equally as qualified to take over if Stearns was ever to leave, and I think it would be worth dipping into that pool to acquire someone like Thor.

Archived