Brewer Fanatic

Any reason the nats shouldn't move Bryce Harper?

It would be interesting if they continue to play poorly until the deadline, say they hover at .500 and are like 10 games out and behind two teams. A team that loaded can't give up now, Strasburg should be back after the break. Before the deadline they have 8 games vs MIA/NYM to try and make up ground. Plus 3 vs ATL straight up. If you're 10 out from division and WC I think they kind of have to look at it, take what you can get as it doesn't seem like he's coming back. You can still try to resign him in the offseason though.

I would absolutely be fielding offers. Heck, Brad Miller has a higher war than Harper this year.

I don't think there is any chance of him being traded off though. If you trade him, you have a slim chance of resigning him. The Braves and Phillies have not been in this position of playing meaningful games either. Kind of feels like the Brewers/Cubs of last year. Seems like the Nats are a 8 of 10 or 12 of 14 away from being at the top of the division.

Archived