Brewer Fanatic

Managing innings -- Peralta and Burnes

adambr2
Two years ago the Brewers sent down Zach Davies over the all star break because his spot in the rotation wouldn't come up and some here lost their minds because Stearns "didn't understand the human side of the game" or something like that. I'm not seeing any outrage over him doing the same thing with Peralta.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Two years ago the Brewers sent down Zach Davies over the all star break because his spot in the rotation wouldn't come up and some here lost their minds because Stearns "didn't understand the human side of the game" or something like that. I'm not seeing any outrage over him doing the same thing with Peralta.

Because Peralta has been up for only a month, and didn't exactly light it up in his last start. Davies had been in the rotation all season in 2016 when he was sent down. I personally thought it was brilliant sending him down in 2016.

It was a story with Davies because Boras made it one. He complained that Davies was being disrespected so that drove a lot of conversation here. Brewers have been rotating players all year long so I guess no one blinks anymore.

It clearly does suck for the player. I think he will lose about $20k in pay due to difference in ML salary versus minorLG pay. I'd be upset about that.

Because Peralta has been up for only a month, and didn't exactly light it up in his last start. Davies had been in the rotation all season in 2016 when he was sent down. I personally thought it was brilliant sending him down in 2016.

Ditto on counts.

My question. Is Peralta actually going to Appleton? Is a player that has been optioned to minors, but they don't plan on using him there - can he be in the major league dugout? What restrictions do they have on who can be in the dugout?

Archived