Brewer Fanatic

Is Junior Guerra a TOR Starter?

Hi numbers are impressive this year! 2.87 ERA, 7.2 H/9, 9.0 K/9

If not, what would be one?

A guy with more track record and who keeps his pitch count down to go further in games. Not that Guerra isn't doing great this year.

I would say what keeps him from being TOR is his inability to go deep in games. Just over 5 innings per start is not TOR material. Scherzer and others who are TOR guys averages an inning an a half more per start. That is a huge difference.

Guerra is fine, maybe even good. Like others have mentioned, the relatively short starts as compared to true TOR pitchers is the biggest difference.

Pair Guerra wth this bullpen and he's quite a useful piece to the puzzle though.

TOR starter is so retro. I don't care much for the term to begin with, or who is an ace, a #3, whatever. They have 4 guys who consistently have solid outings. The way this team is built, it's exactly what's needed. Teams dependent on a TOR starter usually end up being dissapointed.

Guerra is a real good pitcher when he's healthy. It seems when he gets injured he's not very good. Some players play at a high level when they're hurt and others do not.

I don't think any pitchers are good when they are injured. In fact, most pitchers don't play when they are injured.

of his three professional seasons last year is looking like a fluke. dont care if he's TOR or not, he's dealin' right now, and thats what we need.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Junior is clearly an MIL starter, and I hope he isn't traded to TOR anytime soon.

annnnnd for the win!

Guerra is pitching like a top 2... would like a few more innings out of him. But as stated above... when you have the pen we do... you just need him to do what he's been doing!

Archived