Brewer Fanatic

2018 Brewers All Stars - Franchise Record 5: Hader, Cain, Yelich, Aguilar, Jeffress

RP- Josh Hader

OF- Lorenzo Cain

OF- Christian Yelich

1B- Jesus Aguilar

RP- Jeremy Jeffress

Those are your 2018 Milwaukee Brewers All-Stars. The total of 5 is a franchise record.

Jesus Aguilar has won the NL Fan Final vote and becomes the Brewers 4th 2018 All Star.

Jeremy Jeffress has been added as an injury replacement for Nationals pitcher Sean Doolittle.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has CC let Roberts know he's only allowed to use Hader in the 6th-8th innings, and only in a tie game or with a small lead? :laughing

i hope he tells him not to use him at all.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

People and media say year after year that fans shouldn't pick All Star position starters (which I disagree with), yet the managers and players vote in Joey Votto from the last place Reds? Evidence that bias and favoritism is human and not limited to fans.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

People and media say year after year that fans shouldn't pick All Star position starters (which I disagree with), yet the managers and players vote in Joey Votto from the last place Reds? Evidence that bias and favoritism is human and not limited to fans.

Is he the reds only rep? If so, that's probably why he got in.

Aguilar, Belt, Carpenter, Muncy and Trea Turner in the NL final vote. Gotta get Jesus in there.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Community Moderator
Aguilar, Belt, Carpenter, Muncy and Trea Turner in the NL final vote. Gotta get Jesus in there.

There is going to be a big push for Max Muncy in that vote. Time for Brewers fans to choose Jesús.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

1B has always been a fraternity where you have to be good several seasons before they let you in. Stupid? Perhaps. It's likely because it's an offensive position and you have to replace someone else with much more name recognition. You typically play first because you can hit.

I'm fine with three. I think it'll be four when it's said and done.

Yikes, a bunch of big markets. I’d love to be proven wrong (will do my part), but I predict 3rd place finish.

I know everyone wants Aguilar to make it, but jeez why act like the other options are all trash? Personally it should be Muncy or Aguilar just because I feel the AS game is more about featuring offensive talent and not defense. That’s probably a wrong way to look at it, but for reserves that’s what I like to see. That being said most of these guys have higher WARs than Aguilar. ABs all equal most are likely comparable.

I don’t know much about the others, but Aguilar has been so huge for the Brewers and had so many big moments. That with the stats should have gotten him there. Sucks if it doesn’t.

Archived