Brewer Fanatic

Braun and Piña to DL, Zagurski DFA, Wilkerson optioned. Cain reinstated from DL, Burnes selected, Orf and Nottingham recalled.

Lathund
Miley can't rehab forever. They have to eventually start him or lose him, right?

Miley hasn't been eligible to come off of the 60-day DL yet.

Right, but at some point he will be. What happens then? I assume they have to activate him or lose him, right? Thus, I assume it will be him and not Woodruff pitching Thursday.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Zagurski out, Braun out, Pina out, Arcia out, Sogard out ...

Who is the new whipping boy?!? Jennings was trending but gave himself a nice boost. Is it Barnes after one bad outing? Back to Villar?!

Kratz, without question.

I agree, since he'll likely start 5/6 games and hit .150-.200

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I assume Miley starts Thursday and then Wilkerson or Woodruff gets the 2nd game of dh.

If they really are controlling innings for Woody then it will obviously be Wilkerson.

Seems plausible that Woodruff could be potentially in a trade package which might be why he is being held out.

Never really get the Perez whipping. He excels of the bench with versatility, is one of the guy chemistry guys on & off the team, and while he doesn’t walk, he hits enough. Not an everyday top of lineup bat but for role he has.....he is a good piece. Now if he was the guy at 2nd like Villar or something, I’d have issue but that isn’t his role. He is simply a reliable, versatile, decent bat.

Barnes right now is another bad outing away from being whipping boy in pen. On my Facebook feed the other day, the war on Barnes had begun. Villar’s solid start has regressed greatly and Miller should steal more time away. If not, the Villar hate will rapidly increase.

Barnes & Villar are ones I think are most likely. Right now Kratz & Nottingham are going to have to fight for spot. If Nottingham produces, Kratz scuffles, and then Nottingham is one sent down for Pina. Kratz will be roasted

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Shaw is flirting with being that guy.

No, he’s really not.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
Never really get the Perez whipping. He excels of the bench with versatility, is one of the guy chemistry guys on & off the team, and while he doesn’t walk, he hits enough.

His OPS was bretty brutal prior to the Braves' series, though it's great that he's had two nice games to improve his numbers and hopefully build on.

From my perspective, the insistance by the organization (not his fault, I know) to use him as the 4th OF when there are better offensive AND defensive players like Broxton available is pretty frustrating. He hits enough to be a utility IF, not to play a corner OF spot with some regularity.

I think it's the other way around - Wilkerson or Woodruff starts the first game, then gets optioned after the game and Miley activated for the 2nd game. Miley stays up with the team.

You get a 26th man on DHs.

Not sureif that counts on options?

I think it's the other way around - Wilkerson or Woodruff starts the first game, then gets optioned after the game and Miley activated for the 2nd game. Miley stays up with the team.

You get a 26th man on DHs.

Not sureif that counts on options?

I think what he means is Miley is brought off dl and player x goes down. Wilkerson or woody starts game 1 as 26th man, then gets sent down for new 26th man while Miley starts game 2. Or Wilkerson or woody starts game 1 as 26th man then is sent down and Miley starts game 2 as 26th man and then after the game player x gets sent down and Miley stays. It probably depends on who player x is, but I think it's 99% likely Miley for game 2 no matter which scenario it ends being.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Verified Member

But doesn't Wilkerson have to spend 10 days in the minors unless someone goes on the DL, or does that not count due to the 26 man rule?

I wonder if Houser starts on the 12th and then Miley for the doubleheader.

I just don't really get why you PH Braun as the last out in the 9th in a 5-1 game on Saturday only to stick him on the DL the next day. Like...why? Was that AB really worth losing that extra day of eligibility?

Shaw is flirting with being that guy.

Huh? Shaw has struggled the last month but he still has an OPS of 800. Braun is much closer to being a whipping boy than Shaw. At least shaw is walking and hitting a few sac flys. Braun isn't doing anything

I just don't really get why you PH Braun as the last out in the 9th in a 5-1 game on Saturday only to stick him on the DL the next day. Like...why? Was that AB really worth losing that extra day of eligibility?

The All Star break cuts the minimum DL stay nearly in half. I would bet that is a big reason he's on the DL since he won't be missing the full allotment of games.

The All Star break cuts the minimum DL stay nearly in half. I would bet that is a big reason he's on the DL since he won't be missing the full allotment of games.

Well today is 1 and we have 8 games to go til the break, so that's 9, so he's pretty much missing a full DL stay.

But point taken on that, wouldn't have mattered if he played Saturday or not.

Well today is 1 and we have 8 games to go til the break, so that's 9, so he's pretty much missing a full DL stay.

But point taken on that, wouldn't have mattered if he played Saturday or not.

His injury is probably not of the DL type but they probably see this as a great time to get him rested and healed up for the playoff push. Very calculated move.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived