Teams on schedule that Crew haven't played yet

obobo55new

Here are teams that our Brewers have yet to face:

Atlanta Braves

LosAngeles Dodgers

Washington Nationals

SanFran Giants

Detroit Tigers

That is a bit imposing. The team has already played a majority of their games against the other NL teams. These teams along with their division foes make up most of the remaining schedule. Considering the Reds recent improvement, the schedule looks very tough right out of the break and continuing all the way through Sept. No more AL Central to beat up on until that final series with Detroit.

Who knows? Maybe the Nats will continue to flounder. Just thought it was interesting that the 4 NL teams we haven't played are teams that might be acquiring talent and pushing for the pennant race in upcoming weeks.

The baseball schedule is never really about who you play, it's if you get lucky enough to catch teams playing poorly when you play them. Frankly all of those teams could just as easily look at the Brewers and say, "well, we haven't played the team with the NL's best record yet, and they are probably going to acquire MLB talent to improve their club, too"

Atlanta Braves

LosAngeles Dodgers

Washington Nationals

SanFran Giants

Detroit Tigers

That is a bit imposing. The team has already played a majority of their games against the other NL teams. These teams along with their division foes make up most of the remaining schedule. Considering the Reds recent improvement, the schedule looks very tough right out of the break and continuing all the way through Sept. No more AL Central to beat up on until that final series with Detroit.

Who knows? Maybe the Nats will continue to flounder. Just thought it was interesting that the 4 NL teams we haven't played are teams that might be acquiring talent and pushing for the pennant race in upcoming weeks.

The Brewers are 10-7 against the AL Central. Not exactly beating up on them.

They have the best record in the NL. I'm personally not scared of anyone and I'm sure the guys aren't either. Keep playing well and the playoffs should be in sight.

Atlanta Braves

LosAngeles Dodgers

Washington Nationals

SanFran Giants

Detroit Tigers

They have the best record in the NL. I'm personally not scared of anyone and I'm sure the guys aren't either. Keep playing well and the playoffs should be in sight.

10/17 = .588 = 94 wins 68 losses

It's incumbent on Stearns to see if he can upgrade his roster coming out of the break and not waiting until the last minute. He kind of got caught with his pants down last year. Now the Cubs don't have the pieces to make a huge preemptive move this time around, but having another bat or arm to go up against LA would be huge. That being said, Miller seems to be revitalized in a Brewer uniform and just might turn out to be a much more significant acquisition than first thought. The two weeks after the All Star game are critical and they're facing the Dodgers, Nationals and Giants. They also need their key players healthy. It's one thing to survive for 10 days with Cain, Yelich and Braun all down to varying extents, but over a longer period against solid teams, things could go sour in a hurry.

It's incumbent on Stearns to see if he can upgrade his roster coming out of the break and not waiting until the last minute. He kind of got caught with his pants down last year. Now the Cubs don't have the pieces to make a huge preemptive move this time around, but having another bat or arm to go up against LA would be huge. That being said, Miller seems to be revitalized in a Brewer uniform and just might turn out to be a much more significant acquisition than first thought. The two weeks after the All Star game are critical and they're facing the Dodgers, Nationals and Giants. They also need their key players healthy. It's one thing to survive for 10 days with Cain, Yelich and Braun all down to varying extents, but over a longer period against solid teams, things could go sour in a hurry.

I would edit that to say "The Cubs don't have the ammunition to overbid the Brewers by wildly overpaying in prospect capital", otherwise I agree with most of this.

Atlanta Braves

LosAngeles Dodgers

Washington Nationals

SanFran Giants

Detroit Tigers

10/17 = .588 = 94 wins 68 losses

Which is slightly worse than what the Brewers are doing against everybody else. As a whole they are beating up on everybody.

My only point was that there are fewer games left against the other NL teams. Crew has played the Mets, Phillies, and Diamondbacks for their entire allotment. They have series remaining with Padres, Marlins, and Rockies (I think 3 games each).

We don't know how the series with the Dodgers will go or whether the Nats decide to make a go for it move. Just found it interesting that those 4 teams are either contenders or expected to be in play for big moves and we have 26 or so games to go with them.

More important will be how they do when facing the Pirates, Cards, Reds along the way and making sure to split when facing the Cubs.

There might be a mathematical difference in strength of schedule, but as others have identified we've played multiple good teams already as well, so I would be shocked if it was that skewed from the first half.

The Giants have quietly started to win despite a rash of injuries to key players, the latest to return will be Cueto at home tonight vs. the Cards. If he returns to form I expect the Giants to be in the WC mix. Same goes for LA. I expect them BOTH to overtake the Snakes.

This has to be the worst possible year in memory for WC possibility of success. It will be a veritable gauntlet of tough teams to navigate. I fully expect to see the Brewers and Cubs have to face off as one or the other wins the division and the other maybe have the 2nd best record in the NL. The other teams will like that.

On the Northsiders: How do you lose Kris Bryant and not skip a beat?

You play the Twins and Tigers who are two of the worst teams in baseball right now :)

Well that and you have a bunch of guys who can hit all over your lineup.

You play the Twins and Tigers who are two of the worst teams in baseball right now :)

Well that and you have a bunch of guys who can hit all over your lineup.

LOL...that does help!

The Giants have quietly started to win despite a rash of injuries to key players, the latest to return will be Cueto at home tonight vs. the Cards. If he returns to form I expect the Giants to be in the WC mix. Same goes for LA. I expect them BOTH to overtake the Snakes.

This has to be the worst possible year in memory for WC possibility of success. It will be a veritable gauntlet of tough teams to navigate. I fully expect to see the Brewers and Cubs have to face off as one or the other wins the division and the other maybe have the 2nd best record in the NL. The other teams will like that.

The Giants are an old team that is going to wear out as the season goes on and has had multiple players play way over their heads like Belt and Crawford. That team is not remotely scary, it is a sub .500 roster playing 500 baseball and an old injury prone pitcher coming back isn't going to somehow change it. The Giants are just not a scary matchup other than the fact the Brewers tend to play poorly on west coast trips. The only question is can they hold off the Rockies for 3rd place and can they somehow manage to beat a .500 record.

Atlanta Braves

LosAngeles Dodgers

Washington Nationals

SanFran Giants

Detroit Tigers

Braves are tuff. Even if we don't win either of the last 2 games. Happy w/that. Dodgers: not bad. 3-3 split would b kool.

Nats suck. All hype 4-2 at the least. Giants. 4-2 again.

Detroit=sa wa eep!!

T-rain.

Archived