Brewer Fanatic

#FreeNateOrf purchased from AAA; Franklin to 60-day DL and Wilkerson optioned (2018 Thread)

markedman5

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't expect much but it sure would be great to get a few weeks hot streak here out of him. Plus the comedic value of it to this board, haha. I'd guess he goes back down whenever Saladino is back though, who knows maybe Sogard will be the one going out though.

Is it a straight-up swap for Wilkerson and they feel the bullpen is rested enough after only using Wilkerson yesterday, or is it more than one and Sogard is on his way out?

Orf needs to be added to the 40-man, and the 40-man is full. So it needs to be something other than/in addition to swapping Orf for Wilkerson.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'll go with Franklin to the 60- DL

How about Franklin activated and DFA'd?

They need to create a 40-man and a 25-man spot, though. If they dump Zagurski, it leaves the pen short handed. They've already been operating with a hand tied behind their back for a week.

I've been "against" him in arguments given that I don't think he has the tools to be much of an MLB player and was overrated due to playing in the best hitting environment in probably all of baseball as an older prospect.

All of that said, hope he does really well.

Great to see a guy getting promoted for a special season at AAA...... questionable why he didn't get the call in early May when he was raking ridiculously.

The same reason that Ivan DeJesus was basically never called up last year.

OK, I promise to everyone else on the thread that I will not perpetuate this one.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
My guess is that Santana is back up for Yelich (DL).

Why? So he can stand out in RF, play marginal defense and not hit for any power while showing horrendous plate discipline? Perez can do that.

Santana has done absolutely nothing to deserve being called back up. I wonder if Cain comes off the DL this week if they consider giving either him 0r Broxton some time in RF?

Great to see a guy getting promoted for a special season at AAA...... questionable why he didn't get the call in early May when he was raking ridiculously.

The same reason that Ivan DeJesus was basically never called up last year.

OK, I promise to everyone else on the thread that I will not perpetuate this one.

If a player plays good ball, the player deserves a shot at a promotion eventually. Orf is getting a shot..... maybe a short and uneventful one, but one nonetheless.

who?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Anyone fearing Yelich to the DL?

Originally my thought. But they need an OF'er , don't they? With everyone hurt.. we cant lean on Thames and Perez in the OF can we?

of the 74 games this season Orf has only 8 in the OF. i'd rather lean on Thames and Perez than Orf in the OF.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived