Brewer Fanatic

Arcia down, Wilkerson up

ewitkows

Roster is starting to get a little wonky with all the little injuries and the dead bullpen. I'll be happy for an all-star game break reset.

Does this move mean Zagursky is here for a while?

The guy who thought Brad Miller would never play must be losing his mind

The guys a hitter. They’ll come around. He’s already made an impact.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

THANK YOU

But yes this is not giving Miller too much time at SS. Wilkerson probably stays up until Davies/Miley can return. Zag probably gets the boot when Saladino is ready (any day now)

I’d keep Sogard over an extra garbage bullpen arm.

I don't think I'm that guy, but hanging your hat on a .240 lifetime hitter while talking how Sogard is garbage is showing us your bias.

Sogard and Miller both are hanging on for dear life in the majors right now.

I don't think I'm that guy, but hanging your hat on a .240 lifetime hitter while talking how Sogard is garbage is showing us your bias.

Rick I am sure you know the difference between being 32 and 28. I also am pretty confident you understand average is a pretty terrible benchmark for offensive output.

Cause honestly comparing Sogard to Miller is pretty brutal.

:laughing Dude, I don’t think you could define bias from what I read in your posts. This is too comical.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

2017 Arcia: .277/.324/.407

2018 Arcia: .197/.231/.251

2017 Santana: .278/.371/.505

2018 Santana: .249/.313/.354

2016 Villar: .285/.369/.457

2017 Villar: .241/.293/.372

2018 Villar: .258/.302/.380

Do other organizations have this many players who regress into nothing after a breakout season at an age where they should be getting better?

Miller hit .201 last year, right?

I'm tempted to say grass is green or a triangle has 3 sides because I'm starting to think you'll find a way to disprove that too.

Career wise, Miller has a better one than Sogard. Last year, no way. Sogard way better. This year, Miller. Pinch hitting, defense? Probably Sogard. Praising Miller and bashing Sogard? 7Up is great, best soda ever! That Sprite, though, tastes like vinegar.

I'm pulling for somebody from our mixture of similar, middle IF to get hot and stay hot. We need it.

Sogard and Miller aren’t comparable dude.. I’m not even going down this road with you because it’s just that stupid. Its like comparing Coca Cola with Sams Cola. You want to hang onto 100 at bats over Sogards career, go ahead. But it’s making you look very foolish. But hey, I’m glad you’re hoping one of them gets hot. Miller is off too a good start with his .900 OPS in a Brewers uniform.

Miller is a much better hitter but he is no SS unless you're really desperate.

Let's hope Arcia figures it out because we need him.

If Miller isn’t a SS than either is Sogard.

Sogard and Miller aren’t comparable dude.. I’m not even going down this road with you because it’s just that stupid. Its like comparing Coca Cola with Sams Cola. You want to hang onto 100 at bats over Sogards career, go ahead. But it’s making you look very foolish. But hey, I’m glad you’re hoping one of them gets hot. Miller is off too a good start with his .900 OPS in a Brewers uniform.

I'd really like to let this thing go.... but you keep going with extremes. I'm saying right now that they are similar players. A dime a dozen players. Miller probably is the better of the two right now in 2018, but it is debatable.

Last season Sogard was way better. Not just a little bit. Miller hit .201 in 407 PA. Sogard's OBP was .393 in 2017. More walks than Ks. And like you say, he didn't play that well toward the end of the season... still .393 for the season.

Yet, for some reason, Miller is the one you are so confident in saying is not just better, but way better now? .201 last season. Traded for Choi straight up...Last year, whole entire 6 month season, he played poorly. Batting .201 isn't good, right?

Right here you lose credibility in the debate for me...CC feels it necessary to put Sogard in for Miller for defensive purposes late in games....like twice this week. So defensively, CC thinks Sogard is waaaay better than Miller; otherwise, there would be no need to make the switch.

Then you talk highly about 24 good ABs that Miller has for the Brewers, but not Sogard's 2017 because of low number of good ABs (299 PA). Sogard's good pinch hitting (412 OBP in 17 AB) or clutch numbers late in games (.435 OBP in 24 ABs) should then be accounted for too.

Really, neither should be a starter on a playoff team. Yet, they are similar value backup Infielders, both with strengths and weaknesses, in 2018. Again, I hope somebody from the middle IF mob steps up and gets hot.

Granted they are small sample sizes, but so far this season Adrian Houser has an ERA of 1.00 and a WHIP of 0.78 out of the Brewer's pen. Woodruff has an ERA of 2.35 and WHIP of 0.78 out of the Brewer's pen. The "fresh arm" foolishness has backfired in back to back days against a last place team. Stearns, figure out the best 7 or 8 options for the bullpen and tell Counsell that's what has to work with and stick with it until guys like Houser and Woodruff show that they can't do the job.

I’d take you serious if you didn’t rely only on Sogards 100 at bats last season. I’d take you even more seriously if you didn’t only use Miller’s outlier season last year. You cherry pick for your agenda.

-Miller is freaking 100 points better for an OPS over his career. (.725 vs .624)

-Miller OPS+ 102 vs. Sogard 74 in their careers.

-Miller has a .5 WAR versus Sogards -.8 WAR... THIS SEASON

-Over the past 365 days Miller is OPS’s 200 points more.

They might both be bench guys but only one belongs in the majors right now and it ain’t Sogard. Salindino will hopefully take care of that. Foolish stuff man. Really...

I’d take you serious if you didn’t rely only on Sogards 100 at bats last season. I’d take you even more seriously if you didn’t only use Miller’s outlier season last year. You cherry pick for your agenda.

-Miller is freaking 100 points better for an OPS over his career. (.725 vs .624)

They might both be bench guys but only one belongs in the majors right now and it ain’t Sogard. Salindino will hopefully take care of that. Foolish stuff man. Really...

Worse defender, don't forget to mention that.

Who's spinning the numbers? .201 last year, right?

.240 career avg with below avg defense? That's way better than Sogard? Maybe it's just the glasses that are bothering you....

.240 career avg with below avg defense? That's way better than Sogard? Maybe it's just the glasses that are bothering you....

Batting .260 this year with pop as if batting average is the end all.

So now you want to use career numbers prove a point?

-Average- Miller

-OBP- Miller (hell yes, even your talking point about Sogard gets beat here.)

-Slugging- Miller

See a trend? Lol, Sogard probably was a better defender over his career (one that has went on for far too long) but he’s absolutely trash this season and you might be the only one who doesn’t see that. He has hurt this team. He needs to go like two months ago. Miller over his career has been a good player just about every season. He’s done well so far in a short period of time. Jump on the bandwagon already...

Not sure how anyone can defend a guy with a 16 OPS+. Especially over Brad Miller. Sogard's best OPS+ seasons were 102 and 92. His next best? 68. 102 and 92 would be the 4th and 5th best of Miller's career. Defense, ya, Sogard is probably better or the same at worst. But his bat is absolutely terrible, horrible, and a joke for a major leaguer.

Well Wilkerson should be on way out tonight after being awful today, wonder who is up next for the pen?

Miller easily over Sogard.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived