Brewer Fanatic

Blake Snell?

Perused through a few pages and didn't see any topics about Blake Snell. All the talk seems to center around Chris Archer in a trade with the Rays but I think I would rather see Snell.

I understand that it would take a king's ransom to part with a 25 year old with control through 2022, especially with the year he is having, but how would we all feel about this? Regardless of which pitcher Stearns would target, I think it would require Hiura and I don't see any possible way around it.

Given what the Rays reportedly thought they would receive for Archer prior to the season, I would venture to say the price tag on Snell would be as high or even higher as Snell is under contract through 2022 and is 25, 4 years younger than Archer. If anything, I would be more focused on acquiring Archer at this point given his value may be depressed due to injury.

Too bad they didn't see this coming before the season and get him then instead of focusing on Archer, easier said than done of course. Price would probably have been way less than Archer back then and easier to stomach.

Too bad they didn't see this coming before the season and get him then instead of focusing on Archer, easier said than done of course. Price would probably have been way less than Archer back then and easier to stomach.

Was there any confirmation regarding ACTUAL interest in Archer beyond a now disproved 'source' in the first place?

Archived