Brewer Fanatic

Most Likely Brewers Trade Chips

Is Eric Thames expendable?

I believe he is but it depends what you’re replacing it with. Santana and Phillips not living up to their hype has probably killed that move for this season.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yeah, I'd say if there's one untradeable it's Peralta. Hiura has enough questions about his arm for me to consider trading him in the right deal. If Hiura reinures his arm and has to DH... he's of no value to the Brewers.

Peralta has to be off the table for all trade talks.

He's been great amazing, but if the Mets call tomorrow and offer Syndergaard straight up for him, he will be heading to Flushing a few minutes later.

He's been great amazing, but if the Mets call tomorrow and offer Syndergaard straight up for him, he will be heading to Flushing a few minutes later.

lol

Yeah, but that isn't happening, and that isn't exactly what I meant.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

lol

Yeah, but that isn't happening, and that isn't exactly what I meant.

Ha, fair enough, he sure has been fun to watch thus far!

Just doesn’t seem like a real smart play for the Brewers to trade away MLB talent, especially pitching.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just doesn’t seem like a real smart play for the Brewers to trade away MLB talent, especially pitching.

The Brewers really need to start hyping their top lower level minor leaguers more. Any time the Brewers are mentioned in a prospective trade, they are giving up players who are on the cusp of the Major League Roster, or are already on it. Other teams trade off prospects that are in A+ or below all the time for MLB pieces, though. I have to think that, even though other MLB teams know what the Brewers have at the lower levels, a little hype on those guys may help increase their value, especially to the fanbase of a team that just traded off a star player.

The Brewers really need to start hyping their top lower level minor leaguers more. Any time the Brewers are mentioned in a prospective trade, they are giving up players who are on the cusp of the Major League Roster, or are already on it. Other teams trade off prospects that are in A+ or below all the time for MLB pieces, though. I have to think that, even though other MLB teams know what the Brewers have at the lower levels, a little hype on those guys may help increase their value, especially to the fanbase of a team that just traded off a star player.

I just don’t know how the Brewers would do this as it seems like something controlled more by the media than anything. We definitely do get the shaft on some of that coverage. I do question how much other GMs pay attention to that stuff though. All I know is I would rather trade away let’s say a Zach Davies right now than a Freddy Peralta. And I know that doesn’t get your deGrom or whoever else but maybe it’s the start of a package of players? Or maybe we target someone other than someone who has established themselves as a TOR guy? I don’t know. Just know we are in a good position (finally) with our own talent.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I just don’t know how the Brewers would do this as it seems like something controlled more by the media than anything. We definitely do get the shaft on some of that coverage. I do question how much other GMs pay attention to that stuff though. All I know is I would rather trade away let’s say a Zach Davies right now than a Freddy Peralta. And I know that doesn’t get your deGrom or whoever else but maybe it’s the start of a package of players? Or maybe we target someone other than someone who has established themselves as a TOR guy? I don’t know. Just know we are in a good position (finally) with our own talent.

It would be nice if some of our prospects at positions where we have more depth would start tearing the cover off the ball. Guys like Ray, Grisham, Tyrone Taylor, Stokes, Phillips, Lutz and Gatewood would be ideal trade candidates, as we have a lot of OF depth, and decent 1B depth throughout the system. That isn't the case at 2B, where it is Hiura, an injured Dubon, then a bunch of limited organizational soldier types. Same thing and 3B, where its Erceg, McClanahan I guess, then a bunch of warm bodies. At least we are starting to see some solid starting pitching depth with Burnes, Woodruff, Ortiz, Peralta, Diplan, Houser, Ponce, Derby, Supak, Brown, Roegner, Medeiros, and Lemons and Murphy a bit further down the line. We are probably to the point where we could make some calculated moves where we trade some of that pitching depth without taking a huge system hit.

Archived