Brewer Fanatic

Is aguilar the brewers MVP

I know we have at least 3 other guys too, like cain, hader and jefrees,

but for my money, I say jesus aguilar

BA is .299 16 homers 50 RBIs, .350 OBP and a .955 OPS

I honest think he will hit close to 40 homers this and 100 RBIs.

He has improved and is even hitting well against RHP too

I put hader and cain a close 2nd

who is your brewer MVP?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both fangraphs and bb-ref have Cain as Brewers MVP by a pretty wide margin. Defense at a key position and baserunning add a lot of value to Cain, whereas for all the gaudy stats, Aguilar's value is all about the bat. Mind you, I'm not going to complain about Aguilar...it's just that Cain's awesomeness gets overlooked because it's not all captured in counting stats.

Fangraphs has Cain second in the NL in WAR for position players, behind only Freddie Freeman. BB-Ref has him as the most valuable position player. Both have Scherzer and DeGrom ahead of any position player, and BB-Ref has Nola in 3rd, Cain 4th.

Cain has been amazing this year and doesn't get nearly enough credit IMHO; he's a glue guy that is reliable and consistent at all aspects of the game.

Verified Member
Not only has Cain been the most valuable from a statistical point of view, but he's been a spark plug for this team. Definitely my first half MVP in all senses of the term.

I guess I'm looking at MVP A little differently than most. If it's the MOP ( Most Outstanding Player), I give it to Cain, probably. Because of our OF depth, along with Yelich capable of playing an above average CF, That hurts CAin's overall team value. The leadoff bat and high on base is huge; though.

I think Cain has been a little more critical to the team's success with his CF defense, but clearly the Brewers would not be where they are so far without both him and Aguilar on the team and performing how they've performed so far.

Aguilar

Chacin

Hader

Yelich

Cain

Jeffress

Guerra

Shaw

Serious?

Cain 5th? Gimme a break.

Cain by a fair margin in my opinion.

I don't have a problem with Aguilar first, but yeah. Cain is way too low and having Chacin 2nd but Guerra who has been better in pretty much every way at 6th doesn't make sense to me.

Aguilar

Chacin

Hader

Yelich

Cain

Jeffress

Guerra

Shaw

Serious?

Cain 5th? Gimme a break.

Cain by a fair margin in my opinion.

I don't have a problem with Aguilar first, but yeah. Cain is way too low and having Chacin 2nd but Guerra who has been better in pretty much every way at 6th doesn't make sense to me.

Chacin' #'S really took a hit with his last outing..... have to drop him somewhat, Hader now too. Guerra has three less starts than Chacin, part of why I placed him lower.

Explained earlier but Cain can be replaced fairly well with Yelich in center. We are deep in the OF so his numbers can be replaced better than most areas on the team. Most outstanding? Cain or Aguilar.... Most Valuable? Aguillar.... His overall game- power, avg, hitting pitching when the rest of the team isn't, two strike approach would be missed more than even Cain.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think WAR doesn't quite handle high-stress inning relievers quite right, but Hader is probably our 2nd most valuable player, and even moreso lately, and Counsell's use of him has varied and improved. I'd go Cain/Hader/Yelich/Guerra, and then maybe Aguilar.

Archived