Brewer Fanatic

Keon Broxton

Bulldogboy

I just don't see how there's room for Keon on the roster with Aguilar, Thames, Cain, Yelich and Braun already competing for the 4 OF+1B spots. If they go with a 5-man bench (And thus 7-man pen) it works, sending down Sogard and Perez/Orf when Cain and Saladino comes back. But in a 21 games in 20 day stretch, I'd rather go with the 8-man pen. Even over the 7-man pen with a rotating door at the bottom of it.

And as I write this: Salad man is back, Sogard DFA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keon has been a bright spot, even during this losing streak. He isn't hitting well slash line wise, but he is walking a lot and showing off a seemingly improved approach. He has value for this team, though I still like Phillips' upside a bit more, or maybe just the extra control.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one of those guys go in whatever move DS comes up with. I will be a bit sad either way, but I don't think the team needs both, especially with two-thirds of the OF locked in for a while.

Keon has been a bright spot, even during this losing streak. He isn't hitting well slash line wise, but he is walking a lot and showing off a seemingly improved approach. He has value for this team, though I still like Phillips' upside a bit more, or maybe just the extra control.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one of those guys go in whatever move DS comes up with. I will be a bit sad either way, but I don't think the team needs both, especially with two-thirds of the OF locked in for a while.

Stearns shouldn't be making any moves this year, frankly. It appears the team has returned back to earth.

I get the sentiment that the Crew should stand pat, but if Keon (who I like) is part of the price for an improvement, be it Dozier or a reliever or whatever, I don't see the downside. We shouldn't overvalue the wild card, but I do think analytics undervalue it. You can't win it if you're not there.

Again, Keon's skillset is interesting, but it has been for a few years. What value does he bring to the organization right now that Phillips doesn't? Both of them feel like 4th outfielder types with about an equal chance of turning into average MLB regulars.

• 4 weeks later...
Makes sense to get an extra position player...with all the off days, the bullpen should be in good shape even in a blowout...they've always got Kratz's knuckleball if they need it.

I think having to use Chacin to PH in the 5th inning for fear of running out of position players later on played a role too.

It is the lesser of 10 days or the end of the Sky Sox season, which would be September 3rd. If they make the playoffs then the season would be even longer. Guess they could send them down to Carolina or Wisconsin if the Brewers want to make sure they get them back after the 3rd.

in having an off day this week and the next, coupled with day-to-day injuries to ryan braun, manny pina and eric thames, it appears that the club seems willing to go with a seven-man bullpen and afford keon broxton a spot on this roster.

i'd be surprised if they optioned him again this month.

Archived