Brewer Fanatic

Corey Dickerson

I know it would have seemed crazy not long ago to trade for another good established outfielder, but with Braun and Santana having mediocre seasons, not to mention Broxton and Phillips not even putting up good numbers in Colorado Springs, I like the idea of going after Corey Dickerson.

The Pirates will probably be sellers at the deadline, and Dickerson is on the last year of his contract. I don't think it should take much to get him. He's having a good season, pretty underrated career too. Reminds me of Christian Yelich, just with less walks.

I know this wouldn't really happen in real life, because they wouldn't wanna insult Braun by him being a bench player, but it would be a good way to improve the team. Not only does he improve our offense against RHP, it also improves the defense too. Dickerson and Braun could be a really good platoon if nothing else.

Verified Member
Braun has been hitting the ball hard into bad luck. I expect him to outhit Dickerson over the remainder of the season, with comparable or even better OF defense.

We have a surplus of outfielders not only in Milwaukee, but also with the Sky Sox. I can only hope we are able to trade a AAA outfielder when the time comes for a trade, as we are stone walling our talent in Biloxi.

Why, we need infielders

Because Braun is a .300 OBP guy at this point, Santana is garbage this season, Broxton and Phillips aren't the answer, and Thames is fine playing corner OF part-time but eventually he'll be exposed if he plays there too much.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Dickerson, Cervelli, and Mercer for Nottingham, Gatewood, Derby, and Ponce... who says no?

Cervelli is old, injured and expensive. Mercer is a pure rental, and not much of an upgrade on Villar or Saladino/Miller, if at all. Dickerson is having a decent season, and is controllable through next year, so there is some value there. But his skillset is pretty redundant at this point. Nottingham, Gatewood and Ponce are all Top 20 prospects for the Brewers, and Derby is a young potential pen piece. I think that would be a huge overpay for the Brewers. So they say no.

Archived