Brewer Fanatic
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I swear to Christ if we traded Domingo for half a year of Happ I’ll be livid.

This seems like a bit of an overreaction. It's really not that lopsided.

A player coming off a 3 WAR season where he hit 30 HR, and under control until 2022 going for a 35 year old rental who probably doesn’t move the needle... yeah I’d say that’s pretty lopsided. I’d give them someone like Bickford.

Justus Sheffield or Clint Frazier from the Yankees...

If this is the range for Happ, please sit this one out.

Thought I saw that the Jays had lowered their initial asking price, which was probably this Sheffield or Frazier ask from NYY.

They probably did, and I still wouldn’t give them a top 20 guy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Justus Sheffield or Clint Frazier from the Yankees...

If this is the range for Happ, please sit this one out.

Yeah, some of the suggestions you see are kind of silly. But hey, I guess they can ask high and go down. Someone will bite sooner or later.

Community Moderator

An update from Mark Feinsand that basically just sums up this afternoon/evening’s buzz...

Yankees still appear to be the leader in the race for J.A. Happ, but other teams remain engaged with Blue Jays. Brewers & Cubs still in play, though 1-2 more may also be in the mix. Toronto may not get its initial high asking price, but the heavy competition should benefit Jays.

And Joel Sherman with similar reporting...

Heard multiple teams still in with #Bluejays⁠ ⁠ on JA Happ. #Brewers, #Yankees believed particularly strong. Tor has lowered demands in past few days. Heard NYY made counteroffers. Expect NYY still want to use at least 1 P have to consider protecting on 40-man this winter.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

His secondary numbers show that he's been hurt by the team around him this year, but if you start to look at park factor adjustments and such, you have to start to wonder if there's not some age starting to show this year.

There are a LOT of warts associated with most of the rental options out there. The cost may be more expensive, but non-rental pitchers might still be better value because many of them are significantly better than the rental types.

I am not a huge Happ guy but those saying he isn't better than what we have are just looking at era. His whip is better than any starter not named Peralta and he stikesouts more guys. He is definitely better than a few of our starters

Phillips reporting he is going to the Yankees

Dude That got me thinking Brett Phillips to Yankees. To clarified just above. Had that Gray,Happ three way trade gut feeling for 30secs til I read eye blacks post

Sorry about that. Should have posted the tweet. Glad Eye Black picked me up.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Personally I want the Yankees to get Happ because he's not the guy I want to see Milwaukee get. He's old, he's a rental and he's not an upgrade over what we currently have IMO

With the Yankee prospect names being thrown around to acquire Happ, I shudder to think what would be coming from the Brewers' end. Perhaps Happ is an upgrade from what we currently have in the rotation, but I think the team can do better.

Archived