Brewer Fanatic

minor league options and when players are rule 5 eligible

Hello,

I am wondering if there is an easy way to find when minor league players need to be put onto the 40 man and how many minor league options they have. I basically am curious what the next few years are going to look like for the brewers. If there is a quick and easy place to find this info please let me know because I tried to use the search and couldn't find it.

Thanks

Wrote that article, so may as well do the options piece as well...

Options:

[pre]Player Ref O/O Options

Aguilar, Jesus N 0

Albers, Matt Y 0

Anderson, Chase N 1

Arcia, Orlando N 2 (2018 unused)

Asher, Alec N 0 (2018 used)

Barnes, Jacob N 2 (2018 unused)

Braun, Ryan Y 3

Broxton, Keon N 0 (2018 used)

Cain, Lorenzo Y 1

Chacin, Jhoulys Y 1

Davies, Zach N 2

Diplan, Marcos N 2 (2018 used)

Dubon, Mauricio N 2 (2018 used)

Franklin, Nick N 0

Guerra, Junior N 1 (2018 unused)

Hader, Josh N 2

Houser, Adrian N 0 (2018 used)***

Jeffress, Jeremy Y 0

Jennings, Dan Y 0

Knebel, Corey N 1

Kratz, Erik N 0

Lopez, Jorge N 0 (2018 used)

Miley, Wade Y 0

Miller, Brad N 1 (2018 unused)

Nelson, Jimmy N 2

Nottingham, Jacob N 2 (2018 used)

Peralta, Freddy N 2 (2018 used)

Perez, Hernan N 0

Phillips, Brett N 1 (2018 used)

Pina, Manny N 0

Saladino, Tyler N 2 (2018 unused)

Santana, Domingo N 1

Shaw, Travis N 2

Sogard, Eric Y 1 (2018 unused)

Suter, Brent N 2

Thames, Eric Y 1

Villar, Jonathan N 0

Vogt, Stephen N 0

Wilkerson, Aaron N 2 (2018 used)

Williams, Taylor N 2 (2018 unused)

Woodruff, Brandon N 1 (2018 used)

Yelich, Christian N 3[/pre]

A "Y" in the "Ref O/O" column is for players who have the right to refuse optional assignment (or outright). Yelich and Miller are rapidly closing in on their 5 year service mark, which triggers that player right. In Thames' case, he had that right written into his contract.

"2018 unused" means the player has been optioned this year, but has not spent enough time in the minor leagues (20 full days) to actually burn the option. I'm not sure about Saladino because he's either right at or right before the 20-day mark, depending on how they count days - he may only have one option left if he did burn his 2018 option.

"2018 used" means the player has burned their 2018 option, but is still free to be optioned at least through the end of this year (or longer, if they have additional options remaining).

"***" for Houser means I think he'll be eligible for a 4th option next year, but I'm not entirely positive.

440/5000

INTERESTING THAT LIST OF RULE 5 IS TO SEE THAT THE ORGANIZATION WILL DO WITH JOANTGEL SEGOVIA A TYPE THAT HITS WONDERFULLY WITH ONLY 21.6. YEAR OF AGE AND WHICH HAS DONE A WAY TO ARRIVE WHERE THIS SPECTACULAR BEARING IN ITS BONUS THE QUESTION CONTINUES TO BE CHANGED WHAT WILL PROTEJERAN THEY WILL LEAVE FREE AN INTRICIOUS PLAYER AND IN SIGN OF INTERROGATION FOR MY DESERVES AN OPPORTUNITY AND A POLE OF MONEY WE WILL WAIT. .........

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
440/5000

INTERESTING THAT LIST OF RULE 5 IS TO SEE THAT THE ORGANIZATION WILL DO WITH JOANTGEL SEGOVIA A TYPE THAT HITS WONDERFULLY WITH ONLY 21.6. YEAR OF AGE AND WHICH HAS DONE A WAY TO ARRIVE WHERE THIS SPECTACULAR BEARING IN ITS BONUS THE QUESTION CONTINUES TO BE CHANGED WHAT WILL PROTEJERAN THEY WILL LEAVE FREE AN INTRICIOUS PLAYER AND IN SIGN OF INTERROGATION FOR MY DESERVES AN OPPORTUNITY AND A POLE OF MONEY WE WILL WAIT. .........

Exactly!

440/5000

Couldn’t have said it better myself

Archived