Brewer Fanatic

Peralta up; Boone Logan DFA'd

OnaBadger58

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And now we see why he was used when he was lately. He was given the opportunity to show he belonged. He failed. Buh bye now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think Logan was given an appropriate amount of time to figure things out. He unfortunately didn't get it together.

Logan did not hit any of his games/innings incentives, so he only costs $1.875M on the season and a $0.625M buyout for next season. I'm sure we were anticipating him costing closer to $3-5 million this season, so a bit of cost savings we can hopefully use to add at the deadline. This also clears salary for next season.

Everyone concerned about Boone Logan and I’m just over here worrying about if Peralta can show enough to keep Davies at AAA.

You don’t like Davies? I’m a little confused on that. I miss something?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Everyone concerned about Boone Logan and I’m just over here worrying about if Peralta can show enough to keep Davies at AAA.

That's wildly unlikely. If Peralta shows enough, maybe Suter shifts to a swing role. But Davies is locked into the rotation.

Well, I don’t necessarily like Davies. Not that I totally despise him with some crazy bias by any means. He has looked terrible all year and has shown little hope. Guess I’m not optimistic he will turn it around this year. Afraid back end rotation numbers would continue. We need more than that with this team.

Freddy Peralta offers more of a ceiling...though I’m not a huge Peralta fan either.

That's wildly unlikely. If Peralta shows enough, maybe Suter shifts to a swing role. But Davies is locked into the rotation.

Certainly possible and probably more likely. Depends on how Suter is looking when Davies is ready.

Well, I don’t necessarily like Davies. Not that I totally despise him with some crazy bias by any means. He has looked terrible all year and has shown little hope. Guess I’m not optimistic he will turn it around this year. Afraid back end rotation numbers would continue. We need more than that with this team.

Freddy Peralta offers more of a ceiling...though I’m not a huge Peralta fan either.

It kind of seems like a typical Davies year so far. He looks like a AAAA in the first half, and pitches like a #2 or #3 in the 2nd half. The Aramis Ramirez of SP.

Today was a very good day. Now let’s get a win here.

Davies drives me nuts but he does have to prove he’s ok for 3 minor league starts so let’s see what Peralta can do with this opportunity - I for one am excited to see what happens .

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Too many good starting pitchers. I wouldn't have predicted that in February ;)

Yeah, when we go back and look at full season numbers, Davies has been rather consistent the past 3 years. With his missed time this year, even if he comes back strong, he might not make it to sub 4 again, but I'm pretty confident he will pick up the pace if the rehab starts go well and he's for sure 100% when he comes back. I would be more confident in him getting through 6 on occasion than Suter, which, coming from what I think we'd consider the 5th man in the rotation (if Nelson comes back even close to what he was last year), I'd be pretty happy.

Peralta can not stay in the rotation the rest of the year, that would be too big of an innings jump for him.

I’d ride him as long as he is pitching well though. If he is pitching well you probably take him out eventually so he can go to the bullpen.

Which honestly with the stuff he has I wouldn’t be surprised if he is limited to possibly be in the bullpen down the stretch. Could have a big impact.

Peralta can not stay in the rotation the rest of the year, that would be too big of an innings jump for him.

I’d ride him as long as he is pitching well though. If he is pitching well you probably take him out eventually so he can go to the bullpen.

Which honestly with the stuff he has I wouldn’t be surprised if he is limited to possibly be in the bullpen down the stretch. Could have a big impact.

I wonder if Peralta could shift to a bullpen role to close out the season. If he could bump his already plus and incredibly deceptive fastball a couple mph, could be quite the weapon.

At the very least, I could see that being the case in September

I would send him back down and have him miss a couple starts here and there, take him out early, etc. I would want him ready as a starter down the stretch if they need him. That's the type of wild card that could make a big difference in September.

I would like to see a little more tough decision making from CC. Seems like he is unwilling to make a call on a player and allows them to play themselves off the team by costing us in games. Throw Logan into a few critical games so he can perform poorly and then cut him? How about just make the decision as the manager to cut him loose. Did the same thing to Sogard right before he went to AAA, started him and his .100 batting average like 3 straight games.

Too many good starting pitchers. I wouldn't have predicted that in February ;)

Too many?

Granted Chacin and Gurrera (sp?) but Anderson is just so so. Imo miley is pretty bad. Peralta is, at best, 1 year away. Davies is interesting when healthy. Woodruff is below par. Onlt 2 or maybe 3 of our pitchers are good enuf to still have command at 100 pitches.

If we get 5 innings and give up 3 runs, ill take it.

Archived