Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-17: Phillies (Nola) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-9]

Eye Black
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knebel needs to get right. That HR was a killer. We didn't know it at the time, and it seemed meaningless, but had that not happened, we could be into extra innings right now...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Santana offers little off the bench. Bring on Kyle Wren to be a bench outfielder if you want to. Maybe Miller takes his spot if he can stand in the outfield and be a bench bat. Arcia safe until Saledino comes back.

I can't see a need to add an OF if they demote Santana. Not with Thames seeing action out there. Perez is the 5th OF. Speaking of Perez, is there any reason he can't stay in the lineup either at SS or 2B, at least while he's in a good groove at the plate?

9 runs and you can't win. Now managing the pen like a simp looks even worse.

Obviously, Counsell gave up on the game and wanted to get Houser some work.

Last night he gave up on the game and tossed logan in there. Logan's Runs cost us. That said, we lost this game because philly had some hot bats. It happens.

As far as Santana, he can do better than what he has been giving us over the last several weeks. He might wanna force a trade.

My biggest frustrations in this game were CC generally giving up on the game in a couple instances. If instead of Jennings/Houser, we got Hader or Barnes in there...we might win this game. The Brewers have shelled this bullpen all season, it isn't unreasonable to think we'd keep hitting them well...especially the way the ball was flying yesterday. It shouldn't be a simple formula of "use these relievers when losing...use these relievers when winning", and that's what it felt like yesterday. Really a shame to waste that offensive performance

Using your weaker relievers when behind and your good ones when ahead is pretty basic strategy all over the league. It's just what has to be done to keep guys fresh for the year. He couldn't have known our normally pedestrian offense would keep on putting up runs.

Using your weaker relievers when behind and your good ones when ahead is pretty basic strategy all over the lead. It's just what has to be done to keep guys fresh for the year. He couldn't have known our normally pedestrian offense would keep on putting up runs.

The one that bugs me the most is not using Hader in the 7th. I can understand it a bit based on PH, switch, and RH batter coming up...but top of their order is coming up and I'd rather Hader face their best hitters even with a switch and RH hitter than Williams. And it generally can't be that simple. Baseball isn't a one size fits all type of game. We put up 4 runs on Nola and chased him in the 5th...that has to speak volumes of how well we were seeing the ball yesterday. There was more good hitting/approach than bad pitching which led to that result.

Archived