Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-17: Phillies (Nola) at Brewers (Anderson) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-9]

Eye Black
With only one off day before the All Star break, the Brewers dependence on a perfect bullpen to pull out wins (on days when they don’t score 10 runs) is really going to be tested. It has been less than perfect over the last couple of weeks and now the top relievers (who have all had a few rocky outings themselves) are going to have to do more.

It would help if CC would give those top relievers regular work to stay sharp. It's not the worst thing in the world to give them an inning in games we're trailing.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yes, i know travis shaw has a 348 .OBP the last 15 days

I am not worried about either of them regressing

There just seems to be this group of people who

jump on aguilar everytime he slumps for 3 days

The guy has 41 rbs in 179 AB, and is still hitting .286

He will probably finish with 25-30 homers and 80-90 rbis

I’ll speak for myself on this since I believe I made the comment today. Aguilar has done a very nice job delivering runners. No one can dispute that. But his “slump” is a lot longer than 3 days. He hasn’t walked much or hit much for about a months worth of at bats. So yes, he’s coming back to reality. At least for me, he’s not an everyday player type but a guy you can rely on for some starts and some great pinch hits. That’s perfectly fine with me but if you’re depending on a .900 OPS from him, you’re probably going to be disappointed. Heck even a mid .800’s is probably asking too much. Again, that’s okay. He’s helped us win a lot of ball games.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Again. Kingery hitting.215 ahead in the count and gets a hit. It is unbelievable to me how often we are behind guys and help them out. Ridiculous yet Hoskins the most dangerous guy they have keeps on getting meatballs. Crazy.

He is hitting .243 the last 15 days with 3 homers and 11 rbis

He is hitting . 261 the last 30 days with 9 homers and 26 rbis

Just what are you expecting from a guy who barely made the 25 man opening day roster.

You say he isnt an everyday player...Based on what exactly

He is hitting RHP and LFP both around .285

You are confusing me...

He is hitting .243 the last 15 days with 3 homers and 11 rbis

He is hitting . 261 the last 30 days with 9 homers and 26 rbis

Just what are you expecting from a guy who barely made the 25 man opening day roster.

You say he isnt an everyday player...Based on what exactly

He is hitting RHP and LFP both around .285

You are confusing me...

Your numbers are a bit off. Maybe that is why you are confused.

BA- .167 over the last 14 days

BA- .221 over the last 28 days

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not sure Taylor Williams is ready to take that jump to prime time. Easy to say after a bad outing but walks for him will be his kryptonite.

Again behind the hitters and you pay. I wish Brewers could get a couple more guys who are patient and create more traffic on the bases. Oh well. Another game given away with poor execution and manager mistakes.

Why are you posting this three times?

Archived