Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Saturday 6/16 - Helena Home Opener; Mudcats Play Two

Brewer Fanatic Staff

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Dominican Summer League Scoreboard (includes DSL Brewers/Indians game)

Links for affiliate audio

Have great seasons Dan and Erik in Colorado Springs, Garrett as he jumps up from Helena to Biloxi, Greg in Carolina, and Chris in Appleton!

Media notes, standings, and sortable stat pages

The entire local TV Timber Rattlers broadcast schedule

Must-follows for you on Twitter -- In addition to the affiliate Twitter accounts, please follow:

@BrewersFarm

@BrewCrewBlue

Believe me, the way they supplement any coverage and links we might be able to provide is invaluable.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Just saying this in terms of setting Link Report expectations for the remainder of the season.

The late-night results from Helena and Maryvale (in addition to the Sky Sox) change the dynamics for us as "Link Reporters" quite a bit.

I've often said that we strive for you to be able to review the Link Report each morning over your breakfast. Just keep in mind that this time of year, everyone should adjust their expectations for us to more of a late-morning "brunch" review in terms of a completed report.

Always willing to receive help, Toby and I enjoy reporting on the rookie level squads, but if someone is willing to grab the Sky Sox for the remainder of the season, keep us posted. Otherwise I'll continue to post the Colorado Springs update.

Thanks for reading, thanks for understanding.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Here's a bit of a heads-up as a reward for those faithful readers peeking in early on Saturday's Link Report.

Look for a report this afternoon regarding a Brewers farmhand being moved to another organization today in what all will consider a very minor deal, but certainly not in the life of the player.

In fairness to the player and the Brewers, I'm not at liberty to say who or to which team at this time (both which I do know), or what the return involves (which I don't know).

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Here's a bit of a heads-up as a reward for those faithful readers peeking in early on Saturday's Link Report.

Look for a report this afternoon regarding a Brewers farmhand being moved to another organization today in what all will consider a very minor deal, but certainly not in the life of the player.

In fairness to the player and the Brewers, I'm not at liberty to say who or to which team at this time (both which I do know), or what the return involves (which I don't know).

Well, didn't take long after I typed that for the Brewers to formalize the announcement.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Final: Biloxi 2, Mississippi 1

Walks Prove Extra Costly for M-Braves in Shuckers' Win

Walk-Off Free Pass the Difference in the Tenth

By Spencer Siegel

cut.JPG

Biloxi Box Score

Biloxi pulled a win out of the hats on Saturday, winning in extra innings despite only managing five hits and four walks. Tyler Heineman had three of Biloxi's five hits, and drove in the game-tying run in the 10th.

Mississippi pitchers didn't just walk in the winning run - they walked the last three batters to drive in the winning run. Ouch. Mississippi was not helped by leaving 14 runners on base.

Kodi Medeiros worked around five hits and four walks over five scoreless innings

Batting

Tyler Heinemann: 3-4

Lucas Erceg: 1-4, 2B

Mitch Ghelfi: 1-4

Pitching

Kodi Medeiros: 5.0 IP, 5 hits, 0 ER, 4BB, 7K

Miguel Sanchez: 2.0 IP, 2 hits, 0 ER, 1BB, 2K

Quintin Torres-Costa: 2.0 IP, 1 hit, 0 ER, 0BB, 3K

Danny Reynolds: 1.0 IP, 2 hits, 0 ER, 1BB, 0K, Win

Notes

Darren Seferina wore the Golden Sombrero on Saturday, going 0-4 with four strikeouts.

Biloxi Game Log

10th inning - hit, walk, walk, walk - WIN!

Biloxi Bottom of the 10th

Pitching Change: Chad Sobotka replaces Adam McCreery, batting 9th.

Darren Seferina starts inning at 2nd base.

With Tyler Heineman batting, Darren Seferina steals (2) 3rd base.

Tyler Heineman singles on a soft fly ball to right fielder Tyler Neslony. Darren Seferina scores.

Offensive Substitution: Pinch-hitter Keston Hiura replaces Danny Reynolds.

Keston Hiura flies out to left fielder Travis Demeritte.

Trent Grisham walks. Tyler Heineman to 2nd.

Blake Allemand walks. Tyler Heineman to 3rd. Trent Grisham to 2nd.

Troy Stokes Jr. walks. Tyler Heineman scores. Trent Grisham to 3rd. Blake Allemand to 2nd.

Final: DSL Brewers 14, DSL Cardinals Red 5

DSL Brewers Box Score

Down 5-1 early, the Brewers scored the final 13 runs of the game to win their 9th game.

Larry Ernesto, playing LF today, had a breakout game. In 6 PAs he logged 2 singles, a double, a home run, and a walk. OPS is now 759 after being at 249 this time last week. RF Carlos Rodriguez and 1B Luis Silva each had three of their own hits and CF Oswel Leones was on base three times with two singles and a walk. Rodriguez is batting .440 now on the year, good enough for 4th in the DSL. Leones' average is up to .353.

As mentioned above, Andres Melendez was back playing for the first time since June 4th. He started at catcher and walked in 3 plate appearances before being replaced by Farlyn Manon.

Wilmy De Jesus started and allowed all 5 Cardinals runs over his 4 innings of work. Relievers Joandris Tolentino and Jose Alberro would hold the Cardinals hitless over the final 5 innings. The improvements Alberro seems to have made since last year are very encouraging.

DSL Brewers Game Log

Final: DSL Red Sox2 10, DSL Brewers/Indians 6

DSL Brewers/Indians Box Score

For the third day in a row, the co-op team gave up a bunch of runs early and then could not muster enough offense to come all the way back. Starting pitcher Moises Ruiz was pulled after getting just 2 outs in the first, though the damage could have been worse. Daniel Acosta allowed 1 earned run in his 2.1 innings in relief of Ruiz, and Claudio Mota allowed a run in his inning of work in the 8th.

The lineup consisted mostly of Indians players today. The two Brewers representatives were CF Reidy Mercado (0-4, BB) and RF Vitor Watanabe (2-3, 2B). Watanabe has 4 hits in 16 ABs, but 3 of them have been for extra bases (today's double plus two triples). That gives him a shiny 931 OPS to open his pro career.

DSL Brewers/Indians Game Log

Carolina 2, Myrtle Beach 1

Myrtle Beach 2, Carolina 0

Carolina Earns a Split in Saturday Twin-Bill in Myrtle Beach

Alec Bettinger struck out a career high 10 in a complete game loss in game two on Saturday

cut.jpeg

The Mudcats won the opener on a sacrifice fly by Joantgel Segovia in extra innings. Segovia is only hitting .111 in his last ten games. Cam Roegner went 5 innings. He has pitched 76 innings while he threw all of 78 last year. They will probably be trying to limit his innings for the remainder of the season. Alec Kenilvort worked three scoreless innings and Luke Barker picked up the save.

Cam Roegner 5 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 2 K

Alec Kenilvort 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 1 K

Luke Barker 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

Ronnie Gideon 1-3, 2B

Carolina Box Score Game 1

Carolina Game 1 Log

Carolina Top of the 9th

P. J. Higgins remains in the game as the designated hitter.

Pitching Change: Jhon Romero replaces Wyatt Short.

Cooper Hummel starts inning at 2nd base.

Offensive Substitution: Pinch-runner Robert Henry replaces Cooper Hummel.

Ryan Aguilar out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher Jhon Romero to second baseman Yeiler Peguero. Robert Henry to 3rd.

Joantgel Segovia hits a sacrifice fly. Fielding error by right fielder Luis Ayala. Robert Henry scores. Joantgel Segovia to 2nd.

Dallas Carroll called out on strikes.

Jhon Romero intentionally walks Tucker Neuhaus.

Weston Wilson reaches on a fielder's choice, fielded by shortstop Andruw Monasterio. Joantgel Segovia to 3rd. Tucker Neuhaus to 2nd.

Luis Aviles Jr. flies out to right fielder Luis Ayala.

Myrtle Beach Bottom of the 9th

Robert Henry remains in the game as the designated hitter.

Pitching Change: Luke Barker replaces Alec Kenilvort.

Wladimir Galindo starts inning at 2nd base.

Offensive Substitution: Pinch-runner Aramis Ademan replaces Wladimir Galindo.

Kevonte Mitchell grounds out, third baseman Dallas Carroll to first baseman Ronnie Gideon.

Austin Upshaw strikes out swinging.

Zach Davis strikes out swinging.

Alec Bettinger, up from the Timberrattlers, went the distance in game 2. The first hitter lined a home run just over the left field wall but he pitched pretty well after that racking up 10 strikeouts. He struck out six hitters in a row at one point. Dallas Carroll had two of the three hits.

Carolina Game 2 Box Score

Carolina Game 2 Log

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Kane County 8, Wisconsin 5

Rattlers Drop 8-5 Decision at Kane County

Loss is fifth straight for Wisconsin

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers had a pair of early leads on the Kane County Cougars Saturday night at Northwestern Medicine Field. However, the Cougars reprised their familiar refrain of clutch two-out hits against the Rattlers and Kane County picked up an 8-5 win over Wisconsin.

Full summary at link above...

Box Score / Game Log

RHP Dylan File scheduled to make Sunday's start, that will certainly impact his All-Star Game availability on Tuesday.

Toughest start for RHP Nelson Hernandez since tow poor starts April 13th and 18th; second half lineup is going to be all about Tristen Lutz, Gabriel Garcia, and Zach Clark making progress, and K.J. Harrison trying to salvage his season.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Salt Lake 6, Colorado Springs 2

SKY SOX FALL TO BEES IN SERIES OPENER SATURDAY

See picture at link. Bees. Black and yellow. Ah, I get it. Read summary and notes while you're there.

Box Score / Game Log

Brad Miller a clean start at shortstop, he has played there in both his Sky Sox starts.

Kodi still giving up too many walks but results have been mostly encouraging this season.

I feel like Kodi will eventually wind up in the bullpen, where hopefully he can be 90% as filthy as Hader in a similar role. I'm still hopeful he can iron out the command a bit more but I don't find it likely.

Archived