Brewer Fanatic

All-Stars: Prince batting 6th; Peavy starting

crossface21
Verified Member

I can't tell you how proud and excited I am for our players, our team, our city, and our state. I never envisioned a day when we would beat out a very popular Cub and a very popular Cardinal in the fan balloting. Having four all-stars just feels so awesome.

Thank you Brewers fans for stepping up and voting.

Thank you Doug Melvin. This feels so great right now.

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/other/ajay.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kind of interesting that both "Final Man" votes are all pitchers. I guess LaRussa and Leyland were either afraid of running out of pitchers or MLB told them to just put pitchers on the list so they don't have a "tie" situation.

Kind of hard to prevent that really.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm right with you Ajay. Nice post. Also glad that JJ made it. Seemed he wasn't going to after the fast start. I couldn't be happier for him. Prince, sheesh, what can you say? Great guy and great player. Lucky to have him.

Verified Member
Ok so where is a breakdown of the voting?? Glad to see 4 Brewers made it in. JJ is the only backup at SS so he'll likely get to play 4 or 5 innings. :-)

Nice, all 4 guys with a case (Hart and Braun don't have enough AB's) made the team.

These idiots on Baseball Tonight are all up in arms about how Rollins is so great and got snubbed. For once Steve Phillips is the voice of reason and points out that Rollins is only the 5th best SS in the NL.

Quote:
I know we did in '82 with Coop, Robin, Bengie, and Rollie.

In '82 we had 3 players go, Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie & Robin Yount. I think Yount was the top vote getter.

In 1983 we had 4 players, Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, Ted Simmons & Robin Yount

We also had 4 in 1980 with Cecil Cooper, Paul Molitor, Ben Oglivie & Robin Yount.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Quote:
In '82 we had four. Fingers was hurt I believe. I have it on the 1982 Brewers original end of the year VHS tape.

I was going off of the Brewers website. But your right, with a little more looking I found two site confirming that he did make the team. My bad.

Edit: Funny, I thats the page I found to confirm what you said.

Quote:
When will they unveil the All Star Jerseys that they wear for the HR Derby and for warm ups?

http://shop.mlb.com/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3795062dt.jpg

Quote:
I personally kind of hope Prince eschews the HR derby.

Yeah, I hoped he would skip it but this article makes it pretty clear he wants to participate.

"Prince Fielder sheepishly admits he never was a big fan of the Major League All-Star Game. He preferred the Home Run Derby.

Well, the Brewers' emotional and statistical leader is about to get the opportunity to take part in both. Fielder has said previously that he would love to participate in the State Farm Home Run Derby, though that lineup will not be finalized until closer to the event."

I was very surprised Fuentes made it.

I was somewhat shocked that Rollins, Renteria and Ramirez all didn't make it.

Oh well, we have four guys in and nothing to complain about this year, bummer for Philly, ATL and the Marlins that their SS's didn't get in.

Anyone know when they announce who will be in the HR Derby?

Even though they say the derby can mess with a guy's swing... alla Bobby Abreu 2 years ago. I would still love to see Prince participate. I would put money down on him winning, and it would be a lot of fun to see.

Archived