Brewer Fanatic

All-Stars: Prince batting 6th; Peavy starting

crossface21
Quote:
I think the last position players picked will be either JJ Hardy (gets the nod over Ramirez because of better team record

Actually, the fans vote the last player in. And all that matters is which player's fans have a better grass roots effort to vote for him.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't forget that the players also vote, and if the top vote getter with the players isn't a starter LaRussa has to put them in. Two years ago I think the coach only had one or two choices to make, the rest were made for him.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

"I guess that's why I don't get too excited over Brewer players going. It just means those players will be more expensive to resign."

What, you don't think it's important for some Brewers to be on hand to make sure we get homefield advantage for the World Series? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sheets with his 10th win today. 10-3, 3.20 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, pitching for the team with the best record in the NL... punch his ticket for San Francisco. The Brewers will get at least four:

Fielder

Sheets

Cordero

At least one of Hardy or Estrada

And I say that at least one Brewer will be amongst the five players that fans will vote on for the final spot. If Hardy doesn't get selected, he will definitely be in the final five; in fact, they may put Hardy, Ramirez, and Rollins on the final five and let the fans battle it out for the third SS. Otherwise I'll bet it will be an OF, either Hart or Jenkins.

Quote:
Nobody's mentioned it here though Matt V mentioned All Star and Braun in the same sentence.

Ryan Braun = All Star.

In my book.

Braun has definitely been good, but I hope Matt V. was kidding.

With Wright, Jones, Cabrera, and Ramirez all doing well and Braun's short time up he doesn't have a chance.

Thirded.

Uh... you mean fourthed? I said it first!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Rosenthal's All Stars

Byrnes, who plays all three outfield positions, would be Griffey's backup in right ? a role that also could be filled by Hart.

Hey, somebody else thinks Hart is worthy. And he has Byrnes and Rowand going - Hart is basically the same player. (But then again, this doofus has only three Brewers going, but has four Phillies and no Brandon Webb, reigning Cy Young winner.)

Quote:
were they announced? I didn't see them. I'm gettin the Braves/Marlins game in the 9th on TBS currently....

After the game. The marlins / brsves game was delayed by rain and the AS Selection show was pushed back.

On a related note, anyone else think it was a poor choice to schedule the selection show in the middle of the day on a Sunday when all but 2 teams are playing day games? Take away the rain delay and the show comes on in the middle of the most of the games in the league. If you are really interested enough to watch the selection show, your also interested in watching your teams baseball game.

I bothered me when I first show the scheduled time and it's bothering me even more now that I have to sit through a Marlins Braves game (and a rain delay and now potential extra innings).

Edit: When will this game end.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Man, this game won't end. With a one run lead in the top of the 9th, nobody on and two out, Gregg gives up two runs sending us to a bottom half. Now, a HR by Olivo in the bottom half ties it up. I don't really care who wins, I just want it over.

Verified Member
They should skip the rest of the Marlins and Braves game and just start the All-Star show. I am sure there is more national interest in the all-star results anyway.

Archived