Brewer Fanatic

All-Stars: Prince batting 6th; Peavy starting

crossface21

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Hardy's chances have slipped a little in recent weeks...not only has he struggled, but Jimmy Rollins and Edgar Renteria have been heating up. The last I saw, J.J. was still second in the SS voting by a large margin, but I don't think it's a guarantee that he makes the game as a reserve.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Hardy has slipped a bit and you have to figure that with Reyes starting the backup SS will be Ramirez and Renteria.

I think Fielder and Cordero are locks at this point. Sheets if he can get a few more W's has a good shot.

So Im going Fielder, Cordero and Sheets as your 2007 Brewer All-Stars.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Renteria has a chance to be Atlanta's lone representative assuming LoDuca gets the vote and Martin is chosen knocking off McCann, then Jones and Smoltz both hint to not be chosen. The short stop most deserving and likely passed over is Ramirez.

Not really, he just has to win his next three starts! This is one time that Sheets might have a chance since LaRussa will have a big part in choosing the pitching staff.

That said, not sure the Brewers want him there.

Remember in '02 when many of us were way jacked up 'cause we got two guys on the All-Star team? Sure were good times.

Jose Hernandez had to make the all-star game.

When a guy is on pace to break the single season K record he must be doing something right.

There is only one 9 game winner and four 8 game winners in the NL so Sheets can keep pace with W's if the offense just backs him up.

He is currently 17th in the NL in ERA but could reasonably move into the top 10 given a couple starts. He also has a better rep than a lot of guys ahead of him which does matter somewhat with pitching. I still think he has a shot at it.

JJ Hardy has to make it, doesn't He?

He has fallen off lately but he is still #4 in the NL in HR's, #7 in RBI's. And his defense is the best aspect of his game. That has to count for something.

I would say that 3 S.S. make it in the NL, seeing how bad the 2nd base crop is. I think JJ has to be one of those 3

Reyes will get voted in, I think Renteria is a lock as a bench guy given who is doing the picking. That leaves Hardy, Rollins, Ramirez who all deserve a spot, someone is gonna get snubbed.

Verified Member
The only things that could save Hardy are his current 2nd place standing in the voting as well as his HR and RBI totals which stack up extremely well to the other SS's. Ramirez and Renteria are his main competition, and Hardy is killing them in the HR and RBI departments. Of course, he's killing Reyes there as well, but Reyes is an all around freak and a lock to start.

I was just watching BBTN. They mentioned something to the effect that Rob Neyer thinks JJ should be the front running SS. So curiously, I go check it out. Sure enough, BBTN was wrong again. The whole blog basically dogged him mentioning that he might not even be one of the best 3 SS. Which I may or may not agree with. But I have to think itll be Fielder and Cordero, with Sheets getting an outside shot. All depends if the coaches like him I suppose.(They pick the pitchers dont they? Almost positive they do) Hardy is slim to none in my eyes.

Archived