Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thursday 6/14

Grisham has a higher batting average than Ray, Stokes, Erceg, or Gatewood. He’s cut down on Ks, too. And he has a career OBP above .370. And he’s just 21.

It amazes me that many seem to have written him off already. Patience, people.

He either needs to develop some power or be able to play CF. I have not written him off as he is really young for his league.

If Braden Webb can get the BB down he might have as much upside as any pitcher in the system. There's a reason the Brewers drafted him before Burnes.

That Carolina pitching staff might not be the Brewers' best, but it might be the most bizarrely compelling from a prospect watching standpoint, between the guys with some upside seeking improved control (Webb, Diplan, Harber) the former high picks coming back from injury (Williams, Kirby) and Cam Roegner's big season.

Carolina 4, Myrtle Beach 1

Mudcats Avoid Perfect Game Bid with 4-1 Comeback Win

Mario Feliciano broke up a perfect game bid with a one-out single in the eighth

cut.jpeg

This was the third straight game in which the Mudcats have been no-hit through the 5th inning. Myrtle Beach had a perfect game out of their starter for 7 innings here when the Mudcats teed off on the relief corps of Myrtle Beach. The biggest hit today was a bases loaded triple by Ryan Aguilar that gave the Mudcats the lead. Braden Webb with a career high 10 strikeouts in less than 6 innings. I didn't catch this game but the previous start he seemed to throw a lot of two seam fastballs and changeups which I hadn't seen him use much previously so he might have been working on his secondary pitches a bit.

Braden Webb 5 2/3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 5 BB, 10 K

Daniel Brown 2 1/3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K, Win

Luke Barker 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, Save

Mario Feliciano 1-3, BB

Ryan Aguilar 1-3, 3B

Carolina Box Score

Carolina Game Log

Carolina Top of the 8th

Pitching Change: Tyler Peyton replaces Keegan Thompson.

Dallas Carroll flies out to center fielder D. J. Wilson.

Mario Feliciano singles on a line drive to center fielder D. J. Wilson.

Cooper Hummel singles on a line drive to right fielder Luis Ayala. Mario Feliciano to 2nd.

Ronnie Gideon walks. Mario Feliciano to 3rd. Cooper Hummel to 2nd.

Ryan Aguilar triples (4) on a ground ball to right fielder Luis Ayala. Mario Feliciano scores. Cooper Hummel scores. Ronnie Gideon scores.

Robert Henry singles on a ground ball to center fielder D. J. Wilson. Ryan Aguilar scores.

Joantgel Segovia singles on a fly ball to left fielder Zach Davis. Robert Henry to 2nd.

Luis Aviles Jr. grounds into a double play, third baseman Wladimir Galindo to second baseman Andruw Monasterio to first baseman Austin Upshaw. Joantgel Segovia out at 2nd.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Final: Las Vegas 7, Colorado Springs 5, ten innings

SKY SOX DROP HEARTBREAKING EXTRA-INNING GAME TO LAS VEGAS

cut.jpg

Pitching on three days' rest to line him up for when the Brewers next need a 5th starter on Tuesday in Pittsburgh, Freddy Peralta pitched three shutout innings (2 H, 0 BB, 5 K's).

Box Score / Game Log

If Christian Bethancourt's (two HR's Thursday) agent did not negotiate for an opt-out clause this offseason, shame on him. Have to be a dozen clubs who would place him on a big-league roster right now.

If Christian Bethancourt's (two HR's Thursday) agent did not negotiate for an opt-out clause this offseason, shame on him. Have to be a dozen clubs who would place him on a big-league roster right now.

Dan Karcher said on Brewers Extra Innings(6-4-18 at 45:00 mark) with Matt Pauley that Bethancourt does have a June out date coming up.

10 players drafted in the first 2 rounds of the draft, including 6 first rounders. And did they clinch with the Mobile loss?

I believe the magic number is now 1 - with three games left.

I saw E's after everyone in their division, so I thought maybe they clinched.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Dan Karcher said on Brewers Extra Innings(6-4-18 at 45:00 mark) with Matt Pauley that Bethancourt does have a June out date coming up.

Thanks, and I listened to that interview at the time (not closely enough, obviously). Here's the audio link.

And here's Dan on last night's 9th inning call --

Archived