Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't 1952, nobody knows how to bunt anymore. Should they know how? Yes. But it's not just a Brewers problem, teams bunt so infrequently that when they need to lay one down they struggle.

[sarcasm]but BA and Rock said Hernan is an excellent bunter[/sarcasm]

If we had Perez bunt right here whoever’s idea it was would need to be fired. Perez kills lefties, no need to waste an out when we suck getting sac flies etc.

Just my opinion there.

To a tune of a .629 OPS this year and .713 for his career. We have a different definition of killing lefties.

I'm not a huge bunting guy, but this was pretty much the perfect situation to bunt. Late innings, up just 1 run, runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and the bottom of the order coming up. If there's ever a time to bunt, that was it.

Kratz smoked that. Wow, some bad luck there.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If we had Perez bunt right here whoever’s idea it was would need to be fired. Perez kills lefties, no need to waste an out when we suck getting sac flies etc.

Just my opinion there.

To a tune of a .629 OPS this year and .713 for his career. We have a different definition of killing lefties.

I'm not a huge bunting guy, but this was pretty much the perfect situation to bunt. Late innings, up just 1 run, runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and the bottom of the order coming up. If there's ever a time to bunt, that was it.

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument. :)

Wilson's having trouble so the bunt is sort of an assist to him, coupled with a part of the order that very well may not get that run in anyway. I think you had a much better chance of seeing a bunt if Cain/Yelich were coming up to hit.

I think the idea was try to give three separate bad hitters a chance at a base hit instead of two. Didn't work but it didn't bother me. That's life when you have multiple pitchers hitting.

It's so deflating how big of a dropoff it is from the top of our order to the bottom. We can get guys on and most of the time it just does not matter if you've got the bottom of the order coming up.

Miller can't get here soon enough. Kratz has been a great find, but let's be honest, its temporary. Realmuto would make a tremendous difference.

Archived