Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kratz may be hot at the plate, but it doesn't seem like he has much of an arm, does it?

Pudge Rodriguez doesn’t throw that guy out at 3rd.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

LOL, Cubs fans are friggin idiots. I'm listening to Uecker and I hear "foul down the line" and over him I hear Cub fans cheering followed by "awwwwwww".

Been completely noticeable on TV for all the games too. It's really funny actually how bad they are on it, even routine pop up the OF runs in on.

I recall one of the first games I went to at Wrigley maybe 10 -12 years ago. MKE hit a routine fly ball to RF to score the go ahead/winning run in the 8th or 9th. Cubs fans were cheering as our winning run went across the plate and they had no idea. Couldn't believe it and had to double check I wasn't too drunk and didn't realize it was the 3rd out. I was right.

It's also kind of a running joke on twitter too, it's a known thing at this point

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
LOL, Cubs fans are friggin idiots. I'm listening to Uecker and I hear "foul down the line" and over him I hear Cub fans cheering followed by "awwwwwww".

I just posted this in the Cubs Series thread...I have never heard this type of thing before. What is that?

The only thing worse than Illinois-based Cubs fans are Wisconsin-based Cubs fans.

Come on Braun. Way too overanxious there with a runner on 3rd and 1 out.

To be fair, he only had one strike to work with after Cain took third thanks to the ump calling strike two (on a pitch that looked clearly inside) while Cain was stealing. After that call Braun knew he’d better be swinging.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The Cubs fan fly ball thing has been the case for at least over a decade and has always mystified me.

The only theory I've drummed up is that they rarely if ever see the Cubs play live, so they have to come to Milwaukee for it and therefore don't know how to judge fly balls at all.

Community Moderator

I just posted this in the Cubs Series thread...I have never heard this type of thing before. What is that?

The only thing worse than Illinois-based Cubs fans are Wisconsin-based Cubs fans.

I assume that on weekday games these are mostly Cubs fans that live in the Milwaukee area. The whole thing can mostly be summed up by putting a bunch of drunk Wisconsinites in a room together and giving them something to bicker about.

Why Perez isn't tagging up on that play I'll never know...even if he doesn't go, getting a 1/4 lead off the bag is literally no man's land there

Knowing there are two outs and Arcia up (and pitcher next if for some reason he walks), he should be tagging and going for it, even if they throw him out 75% of the time.

Perez would have been out by 20-30 feet had he tried to tag. It was a shallow fly to a gold glover.

By going a third of the way down the line, he guaranteed he would score had Heyward not caught it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Perez would have been out by 20-30 feet had he tried to tag. It was a shallow fly to a gold glover.

By going a third of the way down the line, he guaranteed he would score had Heyward not caught it.

Exactly. Dead duck had he tagged and tried it. And you guys would have been yelling about the dumb baserunning. Can't win sometimes.

You know you're a very bad hitter when you're up with 2 outs and a runner in scoring position with the pitcher on deck and they have absolutely no desire to pitch around you.

Arcia is a bad hitter but most 8-hole hitters are. I’d want to get that guy out so you can lead the next inning off with the pitcher. That’s the smart play pretty much all the time and definitely early in the game.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived