Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who knows, maybe I'm the one that needs banning?

giphy.gif

:laughing

Grrr, well ... um ....

Brad Miller isn't a shortstop!

Agree. But he’s our shortstop.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

after monday's game.... who here thought we would have not only won the next two but shut them out in both? not me.. lol.

hell of a job to get the monkey off the back so to speak!

They said on the radio that the cubs have only been shut out in back to back games once in their history and the first time on back to back days.

after monday's game.... who here thought we would have not only won the next two but shut them out in both? not me.. lol.

They said on the radio that the cubs have only been shut out in back to back games once in their history and the first time on back to back days.

Wow... for how bad they were for a century lol, I would have never guessed that.

Wow... for how bad they were for a century lol, I would have never guessed that.

Wow that’s a heck of a nugget ! That is even more exciting !

I think they got something wrong. They were shut out on back to back days last season against the Dodgers. May 26th+27th.

I think they got something wrong. They were shut out on back to back days last season against the Dodgers. May 26th+27th.

That was specifically against the Brewers that they'd only been shut out in back to back games once and never on back to back days.

Great managing Maddon, all that fancy maneuvering for a loss...

I know a couple of Yankee fans who live near me in FL and they can't stand Maddon. Must be from when he managed the Rays.

Fun game and great win. Maddon making moves like he knows the brewers are going to be around all year and needed a win to keep the narrative going. Brewers have to feel like a bit of a monkey is off their backs. Also Chacin has been fantastic. Very impressed with that dude!!

Yes, he's been great. Glad we have him. :)

I don't get this. It's not like they lost because of that, they lost because they didn't score. His maneuvering did exactly what they wanted it to do. Said after the game he did that in the 8th to try to preserve the pen in case it went to extras which made a lot of sense.

I don't get this. It's not like they lost because of that, they lost because they didn't score. His maneuvering did exactly what they wanted it to do. Said after the game he did that in the 8th to try to preserve the pen in case it went to extras which made a lot of sense.

So these 8th inning guys all got warmups?

So these 8th inning guys all got warmups?

Archived